620 sleeper

So im finally in new mexico so i can work on my truck for the next two weeks, but the ka24et is still in oregon so the project wont be done for quite a while.

also since im in the middle of nowhere posting from my cell there wont be pics until i can find some internet and a computer.

i got the front damaged body off today, i also stripped out the interior and... there is almost no rust! there is one small spot on the passengerside and its only on the surface.

im tired and phone is dying. will post more tomorrow

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that, my phone has been really glitchy lately. last night it was on the charger and it wasnt charging so i had to post this really quick.

now that it actually is charged i can post my plans.

i have a donor 620 and 720 for the front disks/suspension if its possible and possible a ford 9"

im gonna swap out that 20r for a te72 project i might buy and put in a l18 and 5speed temporarily

swap the body on the front

add some tube bumpers

find some pinto shocks

reindex the torsion bars

3 or 4" blocks on the back

Yesterday i got the donor l18 to run after sitting for who knows how long. i need to soak the carb in cleaner still. it sat without a filter, its one of the dirtiest carbs ive seen. plus someone wired the coil backwards. got the other motor prepped to take out and the interior cleaned up a little more. today im gonna pull both motors and hopefully get the l18 in.

i really need to get some pics up

Does anyone know of an online picture uploder thing that you can send picture messages to your album to download them. does mobile photobucket do that? or is another one better? sorry its off topic but its to better this thread. otherwise there would be a wait untill at least the 22nd for pics

Damn, well that didnt work. if you copy the wb part that should work. ive tried too hard. im done. :P

also, change of plans. not going to put the l18 in(which i found is a l20) so i dont have a use for that motor. im gonna have to tow it to oregon sometime and drop the ka24et in it. it needs too much brake work and the closest parts store is 40 miles away with no way to get there.

i need to find an axle to put in. perferably 6 lug but maybe 5 lug if i do it all the way around. whats the benefit of 5 lug? less weight? more wheel options? or maybe how much power can a stock axle hold up to?

Pictures!!!

there we go. I found a computer! this is my mobile pics that I will be updating for the next week. then Ill be putting up motor pics because I will be home.

(Not that it matters, this thread isnt getting much interest anyways.)

l_10f218bc5584448fa27d7c119ef41b39.jpg

l_87da9d1100554201a3c428709331a05c.jpg

l_df012f72859349ceb377c4dd5c9ec177.jpg

l_d8da30a56cbc402a87172280bb94baa8.jpg

l_4001ae92d555433f833c5e6fcad8bebe.jpg

l_5c42fcfc1eec423f9b786085fb11d8e7.jpg

l_ab8c1ed889e04bd7adbe055088625f6b.jpg

Got the wiring mostly done except for gauges. The pile on the left is the entire wiring for the truck minus ecu. pile on the right is everything I took off. Im still unsure how Im gonna set up my custom dash panel.

l_b3191108cbce4d3eba6bc4d8cd0f7aed.jpg

Heres the motor thats going in.

l_2d527c88bb8b4b61b73433ffa9c3f1d4.jpg

No, i know how to do that but it doesnt work with my phone so nvm. lame.

ill just post a bunch all at once in about a week or so.

pulled the 20r out today. woohoo

No, i know how to do that but it doesnt work with my phone so nvm. lame.

ill just post a bunch all at once in about a week or so.

pulled the 20r out today. woohoo

i love posting a thread for myself to read. and having unanswered questions.

this is awesome!

i love posting a thread for myself to read. and having unanswered questions.

this is awesome!

Fail :D

Just because there are no comments does not mean someone isn't reading and learning from this thread.Oh! Oh! I have a question! Is this a CAS crank angle sensor dizzy? or do they have EI ones way down there??

l_2d527c88bb8b4b61b73433ffa9c3f1d4.jpg

Five lug would have more rim options I guess but I like 6 lug. Besides GM, Trooper, 'Yoda, Mazda, Ford and other rims fit so take your pick. I have some chrome Ford? aftermarket rims on my 620. 5 lug= lot of work for what?

I think its an electric put im not 100%. the motor is from/ in oregon.

i like 6 lug too, i just wasnt sure if there was a hidden benefit. im just gonna go with some cheap craigslist 4x4 rims like 15x8 & 195/60 tires.

what about the benefits of ball joint over king pin?

So im heading home today so my project is at a halt (stupid out of state projects)

but hopefully soon i can tow it up to oregon, put the ka in it then get my other corolla. =]

will put some more pics up tomorrow