big carbs little trucks

Braden

so how many (if any) of you guys are running dual mikunis, dual webbers or any kind of dual carb setup on your 620? i know that 85% of you run a weber 10 percent run stock hitachi, but who runs duals? and if you do run duals post up some pics!!!! give a little info about how the power, reliability, and driveability increased or decreased.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so how many (if any) of you guys are running dual mikunis, dual webbers or any kind of dual carb setup on your 620? i know that 85% of you run a weber 10 percent run stock hitachi, but who runs duals? and if you do run duals post up some pics!!!! give a little info about how the power, reliability, and driveability increased or decreased.

I have ran duel Mikunis on Lisas 521 but the truck has a nice mild built L20b with head work and about 10:1 compression. sooo ya they woke it up alot from the 32/36 dgv

I think an stock L series is just that...stock! doesnt matter if its in a 510 or 521 or 620 and same if you run a single dgv or duels doesnt matter what its in...the thing is if its stock leave the dgv on it or the Hitachi if it works because I dont think you would see a big enough improvment by just bolting on a set of Mikunis or Webers

just my .02

Agreed. I went through my must have dual metered fuel leak stage, and they did nothing for the performance until I did some head work and rebuilt the bottom end..........then it really came alive........Just giving it more fuel really doesn't equate to more power unless you can get it into the engine more efficiently.

just my $.02

Bill

Agree on the stock motor unless the Hitachi is worn out anyway. Any new carb will appear better. I plan to eventually run dual flattops, but they may be the exception. They are constant velocity carbs and running two with larger bore shouldn't hurt performance off line and improve it top end too.

well hey would it help if i said i have new l20b bottom end, mikuni manifold matched to u60 head, and stage 3 isky cam. im not looking for crazy power but a little hotter than stock will be nice. i just basically wanted some pics to drool over untill i get my carbs back form wolf creek.

well hey would it help if i said i have new l20b bottom end, mikuni manifold matched to u60 head, and stage 3 isky cam. im not looking for crazy power but a little hotter than stock will be nice. i just basically wanted some pics to drool over untill i get my carbs back form wolf creek.

I know Phlebmaster was running a set of Dual Webbers on his 620 , He and his bud made the intake manifold for it too I believe :)

stage 3 290dur. is a little long in the duration?????????

better set the sprocket to #2 or even # 3 position.

I myself would have just bolt he carbs on there 1st to see what happens. Maybe they didnt need to be rebuilt(save some money)

bro they were missing so many parts they didnt even have venturis!!!!!! they had to be rebuilt from the ground up to be any kind of useable reliable carbs, todd walrich over at wolf creek racing is doing them for me, he almost has them ready just a few more finishing touches, i beleive all he has left to do is replate the side linkages and they are done. i should have them week after next. hopefully i can get my block back together by this sunday. hainz explain to me in detail the effect of the 2 or even number 3 setting, tell me how different it would act on 1 vs 2 2 vs 3 and 1 vs 3, i can do it if it will benefeit me but now is the time to figure it out.

hell fire even webcamshafts racing profile only has a 285 duration, damn, dont laugh at me too much guys but how is the duration going to effect the engine hp curve, it sounds to me like its gonna be more of a high rpm monster and not so much on the lower end. although they do not list the stage 3 as a competition cam. it has alot less lift than the webcam racing profile but more duration.

setting the sprocket up a number advances the power band up sooner. So thats what they say.

L20s came from Factory with the #2 position. Get more power at a lower RPM

Also advancing the sprocket up a number that out the chain stretch.

I myself would have gone w/ the came I suggested(webcam 488/252 but this is not a deal breaker.

I would put the came at #2 or #3 myself Or you can PM Defdes on here or at the 510realm and ask him whats best as he runs one of these cams and is maybe a better source of advice.

If you got a lower gear ratio diff in the truck the better this will be as a driver anyways as you be in the higher rpm bracket when that cam coem in to play.

• 2 weeks later...