Too big of fuse?

i bought this 76' 710 wagon, in the fuse box, every fuse had been replaced with a 30amp fuse, what kinda problems would this cause?

(Also need a wiring harness for 76' 710 Wagon, L20B 4speed.

Whats a good idea for replacing entire fuse box, can i upgrade to new style plug in fuses?

And does anyone out there have a darn wiring diagram for this car/ California model

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what kinda problems would this cause?

the kind that requires a call to 911, then a denied ins claim since the wrong fuses were installed.

replace them ASAP with the correct amperage, & while your out shopping, buy the manual for the car!

Thanks guys, i figured that was a huge problem, one of my circuits has a HUGE! draw, and now i know why its burning things, thanks so much, and its the heaqdlights thats are doing it. im having the driver side headlights not working on high beams isssue, that has happened in millions of previous threads.

Google Keywords ---> "Wurth Electrical Contact Oil"

You won't regret it !!! It is about $22 a can or so , but it is the cleaner/preserver and Volvo uses this stuff from factory ---> works miracles !!! I have bought the seperate contact cleaner , and electrical grease and it isn't much cheaper ($10) nor is it quicker. Using the Wurth is a 1 stage deal hands down , leaves a light preservative film for protection from moisture.

My 1973 240z called for either one of the 2 ---> 10amp or 20amp fuses for every circuit <--- , I am not sure why or what would call for a 30amp from factory for the 710 ??? that seems a bit dangerous to me ( defeats the purpose of having a fuse to pop or protect anything , might as well insert a paper clip and watch her burn for the 4th ) , buy the right fuses , and hang-510 is correct ---> a manual as well while your out !

240Z's are notorious for melting fuseboxes/circuits ---> I had problems even after cleaning throughly all connections for 3 circuits , at the connectors and fusebox after the fact :angry: I then ordered a $48 generic mini-blade hot rod fusebox , and wired in myself !!! They are very simple once you identify what you need ( it is a computer circuit board , and stainless connections :D ) The thing works awesome now !!! Even after cleaning the fan circuit I was convinced my motor/resistor was bad since it kept blowing the 20amp fuse , after new fusebox --- no more problems has been working great ever since

banzai510 seems to have a lot experience with this stuff :cool:

Not trying to sound like an ass :D