Google Chrome

Well I finally got tired of Firefox taking forever to load and crashing, so I downloaded Chrome. Holy night and day difference batman! No issues, other than having to relearn placement of things. Takes up more memory with the size of the program but sure seems to operate better. Kicked off firefox last night, I don't have to wait 3 minute for the Internet to be accessible! Whoohoo!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had Chrome for a while. It has it's fair share of problems, none of which are noticeable until you've had it for a while. I don't think it runs shockwave, but who uses that shit anymore?

Overall, it's way better and easier to use then any other browser out right now.

Wow, I guess Chrome came a long way from when I tried the beta on my vista. I didn't notice a lot of differences between firefox and chrome, so I went back to firefox. I've never had problems with firefox on vista or XP, which I have now. (Yes XP IS an upgrade from vista!)

Holy night and day difference batman! -> you called? lol had to say it.

Windows 7 and Firefox here. I have chrome, but the look is horrible and it doesnt offer the addons I need/want. But my firefox is so customized I just open Chrome when others use my computer (its easier that way).

If you haven't broke it you haven't been driving it hard enough! :P

Seriously though, I have had firefox do some weird things mainly type lag. Chrome handles flash and videos better, mozilla is all around surfing and Internet explorer is just there to remind you that Alta Vista was worse (or if you prefer netscape) :)

The lag problem is because I installed firefox for windows xp on windows 7 (oh yes you can do that) and it created issues. I did this cause at the time the windows 7 release was not out. You mac users may have trouble with flash its because apple has flash support issues (mainly in safari) Non-believer. Oh and the lack of flash support on mac has nothing to do with the fact that Microsoft owns 40% of apple or the fact that microsoft is pushing Html5. Information that makes you go Hmmmm.

Oh and for those of you who want to make firefox a little faster follow this. It basically allows the browser to process a page a picture at a time instead its default show all at once.

-Denk

Oh and yah I use Linux :P cause windows = crap and mac = evil :)

I'm using Windows XP on an ANCIENT computer simply because it fails to break and until it does I'm not getting a new computer because I just don't care. It has enough beans to run photoshop and access ratsun.net, so that's good for me. Were it a car, it would get more attention. I got a new motherboard in 2000, if that gives you an idea of how old it is. 932 mhtz processor, 512 mb of ram, 16 mb graphics card. It is a slug. BUT, it does all I need it to do.

Thus, finding operating systems that don't tax it are a plus. Firefox had multiple issues, particularly laggy nastiness where from clicking the icon to the program actually opening took literally a full minute. Closing down the program while heading for bed and then trying to shut off the computer created lag times of a minute or more before the little three box of options to shut off showed up.

With Chrome, I click the icon and about 5 seconds later the program is open, while I'm opening another program. I close all programs and hit the shut down button and it pops up with a few seconds and the computer turns off. Whatever it does, it does way better running on an operating system and computer that is way past it's prime. Kind of like a model T with a turbo on the modern freeway. It works a metric shit-ton better and that's all that matters.

Also, when accessing ratsun.net, you know how the general forum has the little tags or whatever when you scroll over each new thread field? Chrome doesn't hang up on each one of them, whereas firefox did. Checking mail doesn't take an hour, chrome goes through screens ten times faster. I go to each ratsun category ten times faster.