Turn Signal Stalk

inline4

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed one using paperclips and jb weld and an bic inkpen body.

not the stalk itself but the internal contacts. pics of what you did?

his signals dont work and his high beams are on all the time. I think its the switch.

a 71 510. I have no clue how those contacts work. it would have been nice to know if he told me his highs were on all the time before I started messing with the car. hahah. it started with a problem with his signals not working. a lot of the dash stuff wasn't hooked up. but if he told me that his highs were on all the time it would have saved me a lot of headache trying to figure things out :)

how about disconnect the turn sig wire harness part. then the highs should be OFF.

on 510 there is a little copper arm that hit the steering copper pad the completes a ground to the relay.

mae sure the MOFO didnt swap the wires around on the head lights. I seen people put the high 2 wire on the Low 3 wire side of the lamps.

I'm pretty sure its not that, but I'll check.

the tail lights were swapped though :o

I'm probably going to just take it off completely and plug it into my car and see what happens.

• 2 months later...

It was the stalk in my case, and I am not one to take pics of a kludge fix. What is the turn signal out of?

my turn signal "stalk" started sticking a bit yesterday,and just dropped off in my lap today. other than the Bic pen and paper clip fix,is there any way to replace just the "stalk" itself?