what's a very clean 79 short cab worth?

PtheDude

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

straight, no rust, 79, all smog intact, original seats, decent dash, decent rims, etc.

The primary question really is, how much of a hit do you take for the shorty?

2 identical trucks, except 1 is short, how much less is it worth?

so its a whole truck then?

i honestly would pay maybe 2-300 less then what i would for a king cab in equal shape.. but thats just me.

i paid a grand for my all original single cab with zero rust (ok, ok, one of the body mounts is gone, but me and my buddy are gunna fix it next weekend.)

Personally,I've never liked the look of the KC's. I think they're hideous, actually.

I would pay just as much for a reg. cab, but that's me.

Is it a 5 speed?

does it have A/C?

glove box hinge still work?

is the tray under the dash still there?

You say no rust, what about the floorboard under the mats around the drain plug? how's the wiring? has it been cut to put in another radio?

Yeah, some of those questions may seem rediculous, but to me those are the difference between an $800 Datsun and a $1500 Datsun.

Was looking recently for a clean, not to rusty/dented 620. All i could find was crap, so settled for a project in the $300 range. So a clean rust free (even if it didn't run) complete truck is worth around a $1000. Actually worth a little more to me if it is a 73 or 74, cause that should never have to worry about DEQ. Just have to upgrade the brakes, but even the 78's and 79's need an upgrade.

These are getting harder to find in great shape.

Jason

correct. It is the buyer's decision on if it is worth anything different. A 620 in good shape is hard to find weather its a standard cab or kingcab.

$1500 easily depending on condition really. What I hate to see are those $1500 trucks though for sale at $3000+ ....they never sell

• 4 months later...
Was looking recently for a clean, not to rusty/dented 620. All i could find was crap, so settled for a project in the $300 range. So a clean rust free (even if it didn't run) complete truck is worth around a $1000. Actually worth a little more to me if it is a 73 or 74, cause that should never have to worry about DEQ. Just have to upgrade the brakes, but even the 78's and 79's need an upgrade.

These are getting harder to find in great shape.

Jason

what is DEQ, and how do you upgrade the brakes on a 79?

DEQ--Department of Environmental Quality. Smog checks basically.

Upgrading the brakes on the 79 trucks is really easy Hardbody spindles bolt right onto 78/79 balljoints. Use all of the hardbody parts from the spindle out. You gain a vented rotor and a superior design caliper. Go larger brakes and use hardbody v-6 parts and you get a larger diameter vented rotor and a superior design dual piston caliper.

Jason