What's my goon worth??

I've had my '71 goon for quite some time now and for the last 2 or 3 years shes got no attention from me, I just have too many other projects. So I ask my fellow Ratsuners.....what's she worth?

Feel free to ask Q's, I'm not willing to parts anything out.

Mods feel free to move this to for sale/wanted if necessary, not really trying to sell, just find out what it might be worth

Pros:

-Brand new front suspension, completely rebuilt with energy suspension bushings, new ball joints, 280zx calipers and rotors.

-Completely rebuilt l20b, never started but turns over easily by hand

-New Summit 12 circuit wiring harness, not yet fully installed

-dual Dellorto 45mm carbs

-Pretty straight body, no rust

-I still have nearly everything that came out of the car

-all glass is good, no cracks

-Acura Integra seats

-I have a Rabbit rad for it, but it's not in the greatest shape

Cons:

-Doesn't run, will have to be towed. It does roll fine and all wheels hold air

-Needs to be almost completely wired

-I have all the pieces of the dash, but it needs to be put together

-no exhaust system, but I do have pieces (U-bends, 6+" of straight) and a shorty header

-Removed the rear seat and tossed it

It's a pretty good project for someone with some motivation to finish. Probably only take a weekend or two.

Many Many Pics

IMG_0939-1.jpg

IMG_0941-1.jpg

IMG_0938-1.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lots there, looks like a decent shell. but, its a project. a big one at that. wiring has to be done, interior, dash needs to be put together, motor needs work. Hard call. Pretty clean & straight. Id throw a 1500 dollar sign on it and see what happens.

Thats just my opinion. I paid under a grand for my 71 goon. I had to put a spare alt i had in it, i owe someone for a battery. paid for a fuse box, alignment, title/plates/tabs. Its a daily driver. About 1100 into it :D

Y didnt you just look for a wiring harness from another wagon? why the summit harness? ether way nice wagon..hope you decide on what you'd like to get for it..

Got a decent deal on the harness. I really liked the idea of having a nice new harness. I still have the old harness but it's in many pieces. All the lights and things I know I would have no problem wiring up, it's the stock gauges that baffle me. I did buy a nice set of Phantom Autometer gauges that I'm contemplating putting in my 620. They MAY come with the goon for the right price :cool:

Nice goon project. I have the same seats in mine. But like everyone else I don't see you getting more than the $1500.00 Might even have a hard time getting that.

OH Man.

what was wrong with the org harness?

I havent seen anybody complete a new harness in a long time.People have a hard time figuring out the 4 pin and 6 pin turn signals!

too bad for the car its pretty straight

The old one had all kinds of shorts and poor repair jobs done to it.

What are you referring to with "4 pin and 6 pin turn signals"? The part I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is the 12 pin (or whatever they are) circular plugs on the back of the instrument cluster :blink:

sedans are 4 pin

wagoon are 6 pin turn signals switch

rear lights in back have extra bulb or something like that.

As for the instrument cluster? your right thats why I never would revove the whole harness under the dash. Most hack jobs are in the engine bay and can be repaired or replaced in sections with parts of another harness where they plug into the fuse bxx or under the glove box connectors.

Then to get the ohm values correct so the gauges will read is another thing. alt light ect.......

Japs use switchable ground for the lights I assume most Painless kits are switchable Power. Bla Bla ......bla.

Thats a straight waggon body. too bad.

I think youll get more parting it out selling things separate unless new owner has a nice harness ready to go in.

car only ,will be hard press for 500$

carbs and motor and other stuff you could sell separate and get more overall in the end.

I dont think this 510 will ever hit the streets again

Dont take it hard. I seen this a number of times already. Good intention but like you said

I really lack the motivation !!!!!!!!!

I just hate seeing a running car go south really quick when they are simple car to keep runnning and swapping out wiring sytems is not that ez as one thinks and I thread seeing people say ,Yeah! do it. I want a new harness ect...

Most 510 guys are entry level mechanics at best. I was !!!!!!!!! if there is a new car around one will never learn to fix them either as it too EZ to jump in the other car and go and leave the Datsun on the side of the house.

Jeff Hino has fixed alot of Datsuns up here in Washington only to watch them turn to shit.

a nice 210 with a L motor and 510 with a KA. tear apart intrument panel Bam not any movement after that.

or Loose Job, 510 with KA that sold for 4500 is now in yard waisting away. I just dont get it.

Im here to save the L motors as they are EZer to walk people thru. But I will try to stop people from going over there head. There are people that do make it and finnish projects and put KA/SRs ect but they are far few between.Once they make it. Then they Hang on the 510realm.

Best to sell that car you have but most likely it will go to another junk collecter with big dreams(w/no money).

You might be motivated again for a bit but it you sell it off you wont miss it. Dont buy another one.