Rust free 520

beubank

well ,I finally got er home.

7861520pic.jpg

I will take some more pics this week,,,has a small spot rusted through by the batt. I was considering leaving it original, but since original 520s arent worth that much anyway, here is what i have planned

Frame off restoration

Dual A-arm conversion in front

New axle with disc brakes

5 lug wheels. 17s or 18s

airbags, simple up down

L20 or KA24, NA

5sp tranny

paint, leaving body as orig as possible, Dragon green or red.

Basicall a nice custom driver, nothing too radical

Suggestions?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... how low can you go with IRS in the rear and not cut into the bed? I'm considering airbags and want to know my options... but, the only issue would be camber. Is there any way to do this in order to get a height-adjustable setup that won't need camber adjustment?

Funny this should come up. A freind called me the other day and asked if I wanted to buy his 300zx. It just sits outside his house with the T-tops busted out and the windows down. Perfect way to store it in Oregon.:rolleyes: I thought about the possibility of putting the entire runing gear under my 521.

Jester

You could always flare the fenders like that one 521 in the gallery... the grey/unfinished one with the red window... :D

Hmmmm, let me think about that....:blink:......Naaaaa.

Mike; I hadn't thought about the 300 being wider. I would imagine that the distance between the mounts is wider, but, what about the front arms themselves? Some new mounts on the 521 frame to accept them. Steering and such. A 510 rear would be sweet.

I abviously don't know the particulars like a lot of you, I just got to day dreaming one day and thought that could be one hell of a truck on the twisties.:cool:

Jester

Would the solid axle rear be noticably worse than IRS on winding roads, or is it the suspension that will make or break the setup? I can see maybe the "inside" wheel (on a solid axle) losing a bit of traction on a curve, but that would only really make a difference at high speeds or on a sharp curve, correct?