Not far from home

Morrisun

A friend of mine had driven his green 73 1200 sedan to Baxter Auto Parts, the Oak Grove store, was leaving the store and a gentleman was telling others looking at the car that he had a 72 in his back yard and wanted to sell it.

My friend questioned him and went to look at the car. He came by my house and asked if I could tow a 1200 to his house- sure why not, gardening wasn't on my list of things to do (ask my wife)!! Off we went, dolly in tow to 2 blocks north of Gladstone High School.

P5300369.jpg

Owners had to cut down a tree to get the 1200 out of the back yard- white sawdust on the car!

P5300367.jpg

Just a bit of green mossy schmang!!

P5300371.jpg

Those John Deere tractors come in handy. Car had been sitting for the last 7 years!

P5300372.jpg

Can see the orignal green color- interior is a bit RUFF!

P5300374.jpg

A bit of a scrub at the You Scrub "Em car wash (a clean car really scores points with the wife!) and the 1200 is not looking too bad, not in running condition but...it's amazing what you can find so close to home!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P5300369.jpg

"Oh no! They're moving me. Could this be the end. :frownyface

P5300374.jpg

Wow! They gave me a bath! And this doesn't look like a scrapyard. :grin

That car looks like a sweet project start to me. It's always cool to find one someone hasn't already deflowered with poorly thought-out mods.

Wish I could find one like that...

Yay! Another one saved...

Yes friend is the new owner. Plan to evaluate the car, will it run? electrical? brakes? clean the gas tank? Where is the rust...Next a throttle return spring-in true Ratsun fourm.

P5310379.jpg

How about a tire tread clutch pedal pad, no need for replace just screw them on.

P5310378.jpg

And let us not forget the modern security system

P5310383.jpg

Today cleaned the inside of the car out-gross!

1972 Datsun 1200 sedan-- $700.00 or best offer.

P5300374.jpg

It's running, new points, cap, rotor, condenser, spark plugs and fuel filter. Good used fuel pump and battery. Auxillary gas tank ( gas can on the front floor with fuel line out the wing window, under the hood to the fuel pump)in place took her for spin down the side streets, has brakes, just plan ahead. Emergency brake works as does the lights , turn signals and emergency flashers, horn, headlights-NO brake lights. Has rust in right rear quarter panel at the bottom and the bottom of right front fender-the usual 1200 spots. The body is fairly straight. Running 13" wheels and tires.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Don't bother Todd, he's busy on my front seats. :D Thanks for the most outstanding job on the back seat and wheel covers. I should finish scrapping tar off the floor boards today with any luck.