how rare are 72 1/2 620s'

dave71

hey guys new to the site...

Scored this 620 last year for free it was made april of 72'...

my uncle'n'law bought it back in the late 80's was a show truck and had a sister truck that had a 350 in it..

needless to say the years and the last few owners haven't been good to her..she's sat for almost 18yrs beening neglected in the weeds...

but she's straight n solid so i'm going to restore her...was curious how rare are 72 1/2 ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just scored a parst truck for 200 bucks and it runscool.gif it's a '77 shortbed has dual tanks had a tank and a half of fuel to boot lol...

it has the flintstone backup power floorboard on driver side lmao but i'm devoting all parts and engine to my '72 1/2 just becausebiggrin.gif

thanks for the welcome and the info.. i'll try to post pics soon

yeah i got a 5 speed sitting here i got out of a '78... wasn't to hip on the 4speed whinned for another gear all the way home...blink.gif but as far as arm rest go it has them not sure if original but like i said it was a show truck in the late 70's and 80's so u know how that goes lol....

i got the 5speed that i'm gonna put in it...what kinda weber carb to u suggest i use on this L20b?...just a heads up after i finish putting this bad li'l bitch together i know i'm gonna have some stray parts floating around for 620 and a few 521 parts...i'll make a list and get pics together soon

i got the 5speed that i'm gonna put in it...what kinda weber carb to u suggest i use on this L20b?...just a heads up after i finish putting this bad li'l bitch together i know i'm gonna have some stray parts floating around for 620 and a few 521 parts...i'll make a list and get pics together soon

I put a l20b and 5 speed in a 72. Had to use the driveshaft from the 5 sp. It was a tight fit dropping the engine w/tranny into the truck seemed like a tighter fit than my later model 620.

yes it is...not a big fan of the longbeds even on full size trucks don't know whydry.gif ,,,,,, since i started on this li'l project i've been kicking up alot of extra parts and pieces...and 521 stuff to it's been like christmas everytime i've opened one of my old boxes since i forgot what i put into them lmaolaugh.gif