Bamboo project...

I know this has nothing to do with Datsun's other than the fact that I used my 720 to haul the supplies [bamboo]

A few weeks ago I scored ALOT of FREE bamboo off CL for a project ive always wanted to do since we moved. Ill let the pics do the talking...

2d8nc6o.jpg

8xr5zp.jpg

2hrhcid.jpg

I bought the fencing & torches @ Home depot other than that this was all free. I notched the ends of the bamboo so the ends fit snug, then drilled holes & held them together with thick zip ties. Its strong enough to allow me to do a pull up & the wind wont destroy it. All we need now is new chairs & a few beverages to enjoy the San diego sunset's :cool: :thumbup:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awesome now you just need to figure out how to make it portable so we can enjoy the river sunsets too! Ace hardware actually had some really cool comfy wooden chairs that were like $20 for the pair. my brother has them in his front yard. ;)

it may be a long shot but one of my co workers got alot of bamboo shoots from a movie set than are just laying in the back of our shop... If you need more let me know.... How about I take some pics and you make the call ;)

Burrito-Hell yeah id love to get some more bamboo for another project. Send me some pix when you can.

Adam- yeah it's our house. i have an idea for the backyard :D

Right on they are even bigger than the ones i used. I may have to make a trip up your way & take them off your hands biggrin.gif

yeah they are pretty big but you can cut them if you want...let me know

i dont think the guy even knows they are there anymore.biggrin.gif

take it easy.

• 2 months later...

Come on down John. I was out sippin coffee the other night & caught a killer sunset........

53oarq.jpg

Nice view there bro. With that torch lit it would have been a killer shot. I might have to take you up on that offer one day.

Freakin' sweet! I don't have any bamboo around here. Keep debating about making an upstairs deck in conjunction with the walnut tree in my front yard. I'd rather like to be able to barbecue above the roof of the house, though that might not be a good idea on a wood deck in a tree...

• 1 month later...