Radiator Repair Shops

So today on the way to check out an engine, my radiator gave up the ghost. I limped it back home stopping every 30 miles or so to refill the radiator with water. I have a surplus of radiators, but looks like I'm down to my last(and best) one. I'd been saving this for my 510, but looks like I'll have to do something else when the time comes.

Anyhow, I would like to know if anyone knows of any decent Radiator shops that can deal with leaky rads. I'd like to get atleast another one refurbished, so as to have a spare. If I could just buy a brand new one, I would do that, but they're NLA. I know some people are going to say "Just put in a VW one". Yeah, I know I can do that, but I'm not going to do that at this point. I'd rather have a bolt in, stock replacement. Thanks for the input!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am NOT happy with perf rad in tacoma. they didn't even check my rad when it was shipped down to them but told me it wouldn't even hold water. i used it for a year before swapping motor and rad from my 78.

I used these guys to recore the rad in my bronco after having trouble for years with rads that would not keep the bronco cool (punched out hopped up 302) I went in there and told them my problems, they straight hooked me up. The radiator they made me has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now. I would not hesitate one second to use them again. Quality work, and good customer service, also it happens to be in the same building as ricks cylinder head service, they do good work too.

www.ableradiator.com

Able Radiator

14511 Southeast River Road

Oak Grove, OR 97267-1108

(503) 652-2707

I used these guys to recore the rad in my bronco after having trouble for years with rads that would not keep the bronco cool (punched out hopped up 302) I went in there and told them my problems, they straight hooked me up. The radiator they made me has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now. I would not hesitate one second to use them again. Quality work, and good customer service, also it happens to be in the same building as ricks cylinder head service, they do good work too.

www.ableradiator.com

Able Radiator

14511 Southeast River Road

Oak Grove, OR 97267-1108

(503) 652-2707

Thanks man, I'll give em a call.

• 4 weeks later...

I've also heard good things about Performance Radiator in Tacoma, so strange you had a problem, Mark.

Another top notch shop (they also boil gas tanks) is Havlik Radiator in Kirkland, WA (Totem Lake area). I've had 'em do 3 radiators and one gas tank.

Greenwood Radiator is great. The shop is in Seattle, been around a long time one man shop. Ron knows his radiators. Would highly recommend him and his services.

Greenwood Radiator Service

(206) 783-2177

1123 N 100th St, Seattle, WA 98133

Mac radiator in salem kicked ass on my goons heater core it was just packed full of crap cost me 55 bones to fix it up.

ya the macs in beaverton did the core for my Z too and did a nice job for a good price