need some PC help

I cant UL and pics/video! :(

its saying a proxy/firewall is stopping me but my mcafee and windows firewalls are off?

I get

"Attachment failed. This may be due to a proxy or firewall."

Id take a screen shot..... but I cant UL it! :angry:

sigh... this is why I use my mac... (damned broken macbook charger)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What ISP?

2. Upload to what service? E.G. flicr, Photobucket, youtube, ect. Do they all fail or just one?

3. Have unplugged/turn off everything? router,modem.wireless,pc, ect ect then turned it back on. <--best PC Fix hands down :P

4 uninstall and then re-install mozilla and or try Chrome (googles browser)

5. Try this place to see if your ports are open: Port Test

If none if this works, I'll get into the REALLY geeky shit ;)

Try Google Chrome like suggested. Also I would uninstall mcafee like yesterday. And yes unplug everything, modem, router, pc, anything else... for 30 secs or so then plug back in and turn on.

Macs are easier to use, until you have a real problem, then they are the worst thing.

Macs are easier to use, until you have a real problem, then they are the worst thing.

lol Iv had the same macbook for 4 years and its always run perfect. broken charger is the only thing thats ever gone wrong.

this PC is my moms and its the biggest POS :blink:

Ill give Chrome a try... thanks guys :D

Well thats what I mean; macs really dont have many problems. But I have had friends with viruses on their macs. Good luck removing those. I have yet to come across a pc problem that I cant fix. And I have had lots of problems.

PCs - lots of problems - easy to fix.

Macs- not so many problems - hard to fix.

Datsuns - lots of problems - easy to fix.

BMWs- not so many problems - hard to fix.

Something like that. Im not a mac hater, nor am I a pc lover. I just like to play video games, and all the software for my school requires windows.

Infected their itunes library mainly. And a general slowdown of the computer(comparable to my windows 98 machine). This was on a mac mini. The mac was traded for a drum set. I live in a co-op down at OSU; here the most common issues with macs are inverted colors (ctrl-alt/option-apple key-8). Its pretty funny.

Infected their itunes library mainly. And a general slowdown of the computer(comparable to my windows 98 machine). This was on a mac mini. The mac was traded for a drum set. I live in a co-op down at OSU; here the most common issues with macs are inverted colors (ctrl-alt/option-apple key-8). Its pretty funny.

:lol ok I got it :lol: hehehe