Vintage Club Logos...........

Steroid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike.....................I remember so many of those...Do you realize how much money was spent on gettin those windows painted...Yes Boys and Girls those were PAINTED.....(not many decals there...right Mike?)..anyway, here is the New/Old Plaque in Ol' Yeller...(thanx for the stickers Mike)...how ya like that? (Ya it ain't redwood, it is oak, but what the heck..huh?)

SouthwestPlaque.jpg

Awesome!!! Just awesome! So did You apply the sticker to the outside of the window and put a piece of oak inside behind it or did You apply the sticker to a piece of oak placed inside the truck? Very cool either way!

California Stepsides. I remember them. Not only were vans, minitrucks, musclecars, vw's, el caminos and Ford F-100s represented with clubs, but the Chevy halfton stepside owners had their own club. And there were a LOT of them. You still see one running around from time to time. Just look through a few 70s issues of Truckin' magazine. Almost every issue had a Chevy stepside featured. And that plaque is from their club. There were a bunch of chapters as I recall, what one was You Dad in?

Mike those logo's are so good to see again. Back when i used to go to alot of the So cal shows every club logo was painted on like Ron mentioned. Our club logo's are hand painted then air brushed by Chuck parker in Oceanside & has been doing them from day 1. Ron & Mike th e"new" SWDP plaques look great in the windows, i still need to make a mount for mine before Reso. Heres the logo on my HB...

P6150050.jpg

Speaking of Truckin' magazine, I just found the reprinted 1st issue in my shed! I'll tell you guys this, IF I can find a 620 cab in salvageable shape, I going to put it on my 720 chassis. And do it so it could carry the SO.WEST DATSUN PICKUPS plaque with pride.

Awesome!!! Just awesome! So did You apply the sticker to the outside of the window and put a piece of oak inside behind it or did You apply the sticker to a piece of oak placed inside the truck? Very cool either way!

Mike...that is a 1/4" thick piece of Oak..that I cut to length..stained lightly, then I applied the sticker directly to it...once everything was dry and good, I just placed it in the back window (inside)....right now it is just sitting there..I haven't figured out the mounting method yet.......(a way to affix it to the window...)any suggestions?

Jason, that 1/4" oak is solid...i got it at Lowes...was a 24" x 6" piece....I just put a little stain on it..wiped it off cut it down to 12" length, applied the sticker and there ya go..................................was kinda thinkin about a very TINY drop of clear silicone in the two top corners to hold er in place.....

Looks bitchin guys, the club is forming nicely :cool:

Hey everyone......ask Ol Yeller what the hell all those numbers on his garage cabinets are from! He always has the best stories (he IS a Grandpa ya kno) :)

later

OK, what I did was to take a piece of aluminum, about 4" X 8" (as You can see how I am holding it in this picture) and fasten it with 4 small screws onto the back. I left the correct amount hanging down to line up with the bottom of the rear window frame, which is where Your bench seat hits against. I used 2 larger screws to fasten to that hollow double walled area on the back of the cab. There You go!! Easy as that and it's also the way that SCDP did their's years ago.

swdpplaquedebut1.jpg

In this picture, the aluminum plate is sticking slightly into the ground

SWDPwoodplaque.jpg

OK Ron, Whats with all those numbers:D?

Those numbers are all assigned numbers at each Motorcycle Gran Prix i was entered and raced in during my brief time as an old man Gran Prix desert/motocross rider...most of those numbers are from a period of about 9/10 years( 92 t0 2001) that I kept...Ya know they (the organization running the event) would give you those numbers at sign up..and you put them on your motorcycle to assist them in scoring..etc...Lots of fun and good for an "Old man" to get out there with some of the young uns' (showin em how to "do it"...LOL) Many great memories and those races were/are held all around So Calif...From Ridgecrest to Adelanto to Gorman to Twentynine Palms to Perris to Lake Elsinore ...well ya get the idea...Just really miss doin it..(as I "sorta retired" the old helmet, boots, and chest protector a few years ago...(still got one of the bikes tho!!!!):D (Crap I almost forgot that the most memorable times I had were at GLEN HELEN...site of the vintage Iron World Championships and also the AMA Motocross (outdoor version)

Sorry to be so windy guys....now back to the thread....

That's Cool Ron! When I was younger in the late 70's and early 80's I used to go into the desert as well to ride...Man i used to have a great time! I wished i would have kept some memorabilia...but i do have alot of great memories!!!

Hey guy's, I have a Question.....I know the original look was redwood, So I was trying to find a wood that would come close to the original look(color), I got a mahogany and a red oak...Both natural just have a coat of polyurathane on them, What do you guy's think? Mahogany or Red Oak! I kinda like them both!

Picture244.jpg

Picture242.jpg

Picture243.jpg