I am asking for the communities help

Good Afternoon Everyone.....

A BMW 540 decided to pull out in front of me today. He came out of a driveway too far and he clipped my passenger side front end. Gave me a bit of a scare as I barely reacted and tried to steer to the left. If he would have pulled out 1 foot more, I am sure my wife would have been hurt not to mention my dog in the bed. We were both wearing our seat belts as usual.

He basically scrapped the entire length of my truck, the front end taking the worst of it. I figure I need a front bumper, valance, fender (for sure)side marker lights, grill was pinched and cracked, rear side marker light was scrapped and cracked and he left his composite bumper paint the full length of the truck.

NADA average condition retail (under classic cars) list the truck at $2,025. I am assuming the guys insurance will total this truck due to the parts being hard to research from an agent database perspective.

I had a full incident report drawn up by the police which clearly shows the other driver at fault. This was going in for paint and bodywork next week and now that is on hold until I locate the parts to replace it. I need help on that so if you have the parts listed, please PM me. I am worried about getting screwed here as this is an older vehicle. Any suggestions would help...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bed is fine...Bodywork can take care of that. The fender, bumper, and lower valance need to be replaced. I will call the arlington yard (thanks for the tip). Still waiting for the insurance company to come appraise the damage. That conversation should be entertaining.