when the fender heads for the ditch

its a scarry feeling when you know that your just about to lose control. today i was making a left around a long quick bend at about 55km/hr. the one thing i had forgot is that i just filled up. you may think that has no realavance, but alas it does. my lovely 620's rubber fuel hose leaks if im full, and really leaks when i go left. so needless to say when gas pours infront of the left rear tire, the truck drifted left, i managed to save it just as the left front tire hit oncoming gravel. luckily there was no oncoming traffic. heart pounding and puckered tight, i now wonder where to get that darling little hose. any links, or do i have to ratsun a new one.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to get new fuel filler hose from napa, they have straight stuff and flexible, not cheap though.

yep that is what I had to do on my 1200. The price isn't too bad considering how important that part is. I used the flexible stuff, and when they say "flexible" it is in fact, but just know that there will be lots of swearing involved with installing the

"flexible" stuff.

Similar thing happened to me only it was caused by a gas attendant that hadn't put my cap back on correctly (Can't pump your own in Oregon.) I was taking a clover leaf offramp doin about 45mph and the rear just suddenly came around. Scarey as fuk. Luckily there wasn't anyone on my tail. It slid 180 and I was facing the wrong way down the off ramp. A-hole attendant. I don't leave the gas station w/o checking my cap now.

-B

I absolutely detest that about Oregon. Most stations let me do it anyway because they don't want to fill the large hole 510 because it always overflows if you don't listen for the level to come up. Plus you have to sit there and hold, no auto-cocking levers on the old style gas fillers.

I absolutely detest that about Oregon. Most stations let me do it anyway because they don't want to fill the large hole 510 because it always overflows if you don't listen for the level to come up. Plus you have to sit there and hold, no auto-cocking levers on the old style gas fillers.

really i can use the auto lock on my 610 and it doesnt overflow and it fils that bitch to the cap :P