motor swaps

hey guys jus wondering who on here has dona a motor swap? lets get this threead going, so if some one has a particular question about a swap, thy can come here n see who has dont the swap, n either search for them or pm them..... i think this is something we need....

ill start out.... 1985 nissan 720, swapped z24 out with a ka24de from 240sx

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys jus wondering who on here has dona a motor swap? lets get this threead going, so if some one has a particular question about a swap, thy can come here n see who has dont the swap, n either search for them or pm them..... i think this is something we need....

ill start out.... 1985 nissan 720, swapped z24 out with a ka24de from 240sx

I am in the process of swapping 1968 Datsun 520 with a j13 with sd22 diesel from a 1981 Datsun 720

Hey, I've got one! I want to put this in my 620. Will I have to cut the firewall?

allison_v-3420_engine.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to poke fun at your thread,but I couldn't help it. :rofl:

SKIB DID IT! haha...

But on the serious side of things, this is a vague topic. There are swaps out there that I would rather not see resurrected... haha.

In the process of a 521 L20B/5speed swap if you can call it that... haha

really?

first, think of a swap.....

got one?

ok, good.

.... its most likely been done already.

/end.

Amen. Members should know to use the search button and if they can't find anything after HOURS, DAYS, MONTHS of searching....then they can THINK about posting a question. ;)

But on the serious side of things, this is a vague topic. There are swaps out there that I would rather not see resurrected... haha.

for cereal, not trying to be a dick but hey,

could I put an A14 in my 240z? .... ya sure, you COULD by why in gods name WOULD you?

• Like 1
Guest DatsuNoob

I'm not exactly sure of the 240sx KA swap. Many have said the pan interferes with the steering link, and at a glance, it certainly looks like it would. Although I've also seen them in trucks before. I think you may be better off dropping in a rear sump Frontier motor with 240 cams. I may be able to help you out with those parts if you're interested, if not that's cool too, I wasn't tryin to sell you anything :D

O RLY? You sure about that? You mind informing us what that is then?

is that an M104 starter? :rofl:

It would never work. The little A series couldn't handle the endless odor of schnitzel and kraut that emanates from the damn thing. :rofl:

O RLY? You sure about that? You mind informing us what that is then?

It would never work. The little A series couldn't handle the endless odor of schnitzel and kraut that emanates from the damn thing. :rofl:

its prob a 260z or 280z

here's one I've wondered about for a long time. A Ford flathead in a 620. It's small enough that it should fit easily. With the right equipment it would definitely make the horsepower.The sound would be awesome. Wouldn't be cheap though,but what engine swap is? Wish I could do it,but funding isn't available. :no:

hotrodv8-rev5.jpg