Ebay, is this an L18

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yah dudes the Desert Datsun guys brought this to my attention a couple days ago. That right there is a J18 for sure! I've written the seller to find out more info about it. One of the guys on DD even offered to find out how hard it would be to get one into this country for me next time his dad is in Mexico. How awesome is the Datsun community!

It would be so sweet! Alas at the moment I have a laundry list of things I need to invest in before I can think about a swap, especially since my engine seems to be working. But knowing costs would certainly help me plan for it!!

(Plus I picked up a free VG30 the other day! Don't know if I have the balls to put it in the '59, but can you imagine!)

It says it here: It says 1.8L then says 1800 cc, cuz that engine looks like the one my mom had on her B210.

THE ENGINE WAS BOUGHT 6 MONTHS AGO IN THE NISSAN AGENCY OF CD JUAREZ, CHIH. AND INSTALLED 2 MONTHS AGO. THE MIX BETWEEN THE NEW 1.8L ENGINE, THE NEW CARBURETOR, THE ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTOR AND THE 5spd TRANSMISSION, MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE TO GO UP TO 60miles/hr IN THE HIGHWAY.

NEW ORIGINAL 1800CC ENGINE

NEW ORIGINAL CARBURETOR

NEW WIRES, SPARKS, FILTERS, IGNITION COIL AND BATTERY

NEW CLUTCH

ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTOR

NEW TIRES

5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

UPGRADED FRONT DISC BRAKES WITH BOOSTER, (SOFTER BREAKING)

CD PLAYER PIONEER 4 SPEAKERS, WITH AUX

found some more stuff on this engine, I think Fich? did some write up. on it.

Sounds like a Mexican/Nissan engine:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/17405-the-j18-j16-engines-j1800-j1600/

Yup! This was the end of the line for the J-series which is the evolution of the C1 engine that came in the first US Datsuns. There is also a J16 out there. But here we stopped at the J15, which was in forklifts.

In mexico they ran this thing all the way into the 80's!