Help me choose

millerton

Hello all.

First off "Dibbs"

I'm looking to buy my first 620 and I found two that look like they could be the one....This always happens to me. Blonde or Brunette, Tits or Ass, king cab or single cab? truly one of life's hard questions.

I'm looking for a daily driver to tinker with/ long term project.

I like the older 620's and the 77 looks straight but the Kc is half the price with some body work already done.

I left a message with them both so all the info you see is all you get

Both would be a three hour drive for me just to look at them

So i look to you, the powers that be. the 77 or the 79kc and why?

http://seattle.craig...1670402364.html

79kc

http://seattle.craig...1668405886.html

and yeah I'm a total noob but you can call me Ryan.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well im a bigger fan of the reg cabs, as far as looks go. But there are alot of people that like the looks of the kc better as well. I have one of each, and there is a hole lot more room in the KC. If your over 6 foot id say take the kc, theres also more room for a stereo and to lean your set back a bit. it can be hard to find buckets that fit well in the reg cab.But all even with all that i still like the reg cab better, but thats just me.

when you dream about diving around in your bad ass little datsun truck what to you see? the kc or the reg cab. i know i see the reg cab every time.

go with the regular cab white one. king cabs are nice but you'll be siliconing the shit out of that sun roof before too long. the floor pan is probably on it's way to rust heaven. this sucks cause the kc has disc brakes and electronic ignition.

besides the white one looks better.

Extended cabs are nicer because of leg room by FAR. however, that blue KC has been on craigs list for a few YEARS. And i do mean years. 2 years ago he was selling it for 1500 with the motor out, and it had a nice paint job then. Not sure what hes been doing. Also, if you have him send you pictures. He rebuild the engine, and painted the top of the block where the head gasket goes...... I wouldn't trust that.

I always say go with the king cab when people ask, but in this case, get the white one.

Extended cabs are nicer because of leg room by FAR. however, that blue KC has been on craigs list for a few YEARS. And i do mean years. 2 years ago he was selling it for 1500 with the motor out, and it had a nice paint job then. Not sure what hes been doing. Also, if you have him send you pictures. He rebuild the engine, and painted the top of the block where the head gasket goes...... I wouldn't trust that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Red Flag!

when you dream about diving around in your bad ass little datsun truck what to you see? the kc or the reg cab. i know i see the reg cab every time.

Me too.

thanks for all your input guys, I'm leaning towards the 77 but still waiting to hear back from the sellers.

I'm nowhere close to 6ft so leg room is not big on my list, I really want disc brakes but was planing a conversion any how.

Did the 77 model come with the L18 or L20?

Well he got back to me and sent his other photos too.

Kinda made me laugh, The first thing his email said was "yea still got it, alota people are interested in it.....blows my mind !"

I guess hanging in there for 2 years on Craigs is really paying off for him.

So I have made up my mind. I'm going for the 77 reg cab.

Thanks for all the help fellas, I'm sure I will be back for your Interweb super powers.