16's or 17's?

dsigh

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say they're 17"...there are always points of reference in pictures (that's the enginerd in me) so I just used the headlights as the reference size in this case...take a look.

The headlights are 5.75" so from the picture the wheel seemed to be at least 3 times as big but there was a little overlap on the bottom of the wheel and the top of it is hidden by the fender so I had to do a little guessing on final positioning but 3 x 5.75" = 17.25", so subtracting the slight overlap of that third size reference I can feel good about saying they're 17's...what do you guys think?

...and damnit Fineline now I wish I never sold my Titans!!!!

wheeldiamatercloseupprovx3.jpg

71dimer: I like the idea of doing it that way, but if that's the case then I vote 18's as well... It makes sense in engineering where you use isometric drawings, but this includes perspective... as the wheels are further back then the headlights, they'd appear smaller. Therefore, 18's...

At least we've sorted out that they're larger than 16's...

71dimer: I like the idea of doing it that way, but if that's the case then I vote 18's as well... It makes sense in engineering where you use isometric drawings, but this includes perspective... as the wheels are further back then the headlights, they'd appear smaller. Therefore, 18's...

At least we've sorted out that they're larger than 16's...

Yeah but we're only talking about 2-3 feet back at the most...definately not enough to make the difference you're thinking, now if I was trying to estimate the diameter by referencing the horizontal centerline I would be screwed due to the angled perspective of the wheel but since I was meauring the vertical centerline of the oval looking wheel I still stand by it. Also if it was the rear wheels I was referencing I would say you have a valid point.

I would be willing to bet good $$$ (or a six pack) that they're 17's on it. :)

71dimer: I see what you mean... You might be right... But, it might be just enough of a difference to make up the extra inch, especially since you're missing a tiny bit of the top of the headlight and a little bit of the wheel where it's hidden behind the fender...

I think the easiest way to figure it out (without actually asking) would be to check the height of the fender between the top of the wheelwell and the top of the fender, then compare it to a stock fender height... all that's left is to compare the fender to the wheel, and use the ratio.

Then again... maybe I'm getting too into this wheel discussion... :D

I think that they are 18s, they fill up the wheel well pretty good.

I run 17s on both of my 620s and I have static suspention, and I have no issues. It all comes down to how low you want to go and how much cutting up you want to do. I have seen 20s on 620s. but good luck tucking them with stock wheel wells...

olympia100_4419.jpg

Fineline's 18's look bigger than the red truck's wheels, to me anyway. I'd love to ask the guy, but he's in Japan and I no speaka Haponese. I think I'll go ahead and jump on some 17's, and probably regret it in a couple of months.

Thanks again for everyone's help.