full paint job or line x time to decide

Sickboy1031

So I went to Line x and they said they would sandblast my bed and linex it for $530 then i asked them about doing the floors of the cab and up the firewall they said a grand including some sandblasting to my floorpans (73' 620) and that seemed a bit expensive and that would be all my money, so i call my brother and ask him what he thinks. He tells me about a guy he and a guy who owns a mechanic shop that he has been using needs work super bad and will do the rust control body work and paint inside and out for 500-800 and I figure If I invest a grand he could probably really put some nice paint and some love in it. so then Im thinking hey maybe thats the way to go, then the Line x guy calls me and tells me I can just pay for the bed on my appointment then make payments for the rest. now Im not sure what to do Im kinda leaning toward the full paint job I have heard a lot of good things from quite a few people about the guy. they just said he is doing work cheap to keep the doors open since he opened during the rough economy.

any input would be rad

Thanks

Erik

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me i would go with the line x, new paint is cool and all, but the line x is a good investment.

and if you have cash, (1000) i would say give the ling x guy 800 and say if youll do it for this no payment then its a deal. If hes willing to do payments and keep the price at 1000 then then i would think he'll take 800 cash.but thats just me, i like flat faded paint lol

go with the paint, but ask to see the guys work before you let him do it, also monitor him to make sure he isnt slapping gallons of bondo in your baby, if he messes up, get rid of him, its to much work to fix that crap, as far as the line x they way way over quoted you, get in good with the guys down there and you can get a discount, they dont have 100 bucks in materials for your whole truck, i would wait untill the line x guys need work then offer them 300 just for the bed, bargain with people man all they can say is no, but dont lowball them or you will insult them

the linex does include sandblasting im so torn on what to do

That is only the bed and not the whole truck.

So in case in the future you want to sell the truck. A nice painted truck would be worth more than a truck with a nice bed. Is your truck nice to begin with? If so then line it. If not then paint it and enjoy it.

The last paint job a year ago looked ok it was shiny but anywhere its gotten dinged its been flaking off I didnt paint the bed at all the sandblasting includes blasting the floor pans which have small cancers but nothing poking through. I kinda feel like the bedliner is closer to my long term goals and the floorpans would make the interior quieter and i wouldnt have to carpet itbut Its a pretty sweet deal on the paint too and it would be nice to have my body work done right and actually have some clear on it

word thanks for the advice guys Im gonna talk to the paint guy tomorrow and make sure he is legit and then I need to pick some paint colors I might stick with red but for some reason charcoal grey keeps calling to me

both good colours :thumbup: