okay, so I installed a spare harness over the weekend...

inline4

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since I messed something up with the other one. now I have to figure out where to put things so I can tidy it up. should I mount everything against the firewall or against the kickpanel?

ml2hoz.jpg

Firewall or wherever it was factory , if you were to sell it and I was looking I want a clean tape up or loom job , and everything about or very close where it was suppose to go for diagnostics purposes , and re-sell value. Otherwords it would be an issue for me , but you can make it look cleaner than factory to ;) . Firewall is my vote

• 2 weeks later...

I would relocate the part of the harness that loops in and out of those two holes where the kick panel goes. With all the vibrating that the 510 makes, it may slowly cut your wires. If you feel around there you will notice it is kind of sharp. When I had similar situations I would buy some rubber trim and wrap the sharp part of the hole. Or you could just reroute it a different way. Do what you feel is best.

decide where you wanna put the ecu then shorten the harness to give you the cleanest look

thats what got me in this mess in the first place. I did a bad job :o

I'm gonna take apart the old harness and re route things in the engine bay to tuck it.

I would relocate the part of the harness that loops in and out of those two holes where the kick panel goes. With all the vibrating that the 510 makes, it may slowly cut your wires. If you feel around there you will notice it is kind of sharp. When I had similar situations I would buy some rubber trim and wrap the sharp part of the hole. Or you could just reroute it a different way. Do what you feel is best.

thats temporary. its wrapped in some tape and i dont think it will fray.

thats what got me in this mess in the first place. I did a bad job :o

I'm gonna take apart the old harness and re route things in the engine bay to tuck it.

you do one wire at a time and SOLDER AND HEATSHRINK EVERYTHING tell you what you bring me 200 bucks and buy the supplies and ill do a clean wire tuck for ya im not A.S.E. certified in electrical for nothin :P

you do one wire at a time and SOLDER AND HEATSHRINK EVERYTHING tell you what you bring me 200 bucks and buy the supplies and ill do a clean wire tuck for ya im not A.S.E. certified in electrical for nothin :P

nah, I can handle it... its already out of the car. the only thing I didnt like doing was cutting the gray wires that had some grounding wire mesh thing and shortening those.