SU carbs and Manifold ID

ok, just picked up this set up for the carbs. i wanted 46's for the wife's Z, so now we got em. the manifold seems to be roadster from the spacing of the ports. though i thought the bolts for the roadster were spread way apart on the manifold unlike the L20 having closer mounting bolts. the carbs look like they could be from a 1600 based on only 1 pic i could find that look like these. all other carb sets i have found are like what i am currently running on my L20B have the float bowls attached to the same side of the carb. these float bowls are both mounted inboard. i am not having much luck with finding images that ID these parts. just want to know model and year these are. Thanx!

0327002015-1.jpg

0327002006.jpg

0327002005.jpg

this is my set up below...

aircleanercompleted2.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, just picked up this set up for the carbs....

i am not having much luck with finding images that ID these parts. just want to know model and year these are. Thanx!

0327002015-1.jpg

I'm thinking 2000 Roadster...

Try this one: http://www.ztherapy.com/technical_stuff/spotterguides/roadster/main.htm

Hoping this helps...

okay so what are these for?? i was told for the 411 but FAIL

unknownsu001.jpg

unknownsu002.jpg

unknownsu003.jpg

Not RL411. The RL411 float bowls are both on the "left side" i.e. front of the car. and the intake ports of the manifold are round, not squard off as shown. As to the configuration, could it be that a previous owner swapped front and rear carbs putting the float bowls in the middle instead of on the outside edges of the manifold as is often seen, possibly to gain clearance for a brake master cylinder or clutch master ?

Not RL411. The RL411 float bowls are both on the "left side" i.e. front of the car. and the intake ports of the manifold are round, not squard off as shown. As to the configuration, could it be that a previous owner swapped front and rear carbs putting the float bowls in the middle instead of on the outside edges of the manifold as is often seen, possibly to gain clearance for a brake master cylinder or clutch master ?

:blink: :huh:

Good question! The intake shape is like the A14/15 series but they have holes for stud mounting.

yea i am a L guy so i would have no idea on the other nissan dastun motors

i got them from a guy who new in to datsuns and they didnt work for his application and dont they wont work for me :( FAIL

75 bucks who wants them??? it is what i paid :huh:

i see the manifold has heat shield mounts. heat shield attaches to the carbs too?

Not normally. The shields are independant of the carbs and bolt between the manifold and the phenolic spacer

i believe there is another knob that is suppose to go there in order to help keep the mixture adjustment screw from spinning out.. but the knob sometimes wiggles off too... at least the su's that i have had that happen....

if u look closely at the front car right under the mixture screw is the knob im talking about... but i have the 46 mm hitachis... 09-18-08001.JPG