Interesting day

So the first thing is I came into work all jazzed about autocross tomorrow, and my bubble was burst as Mark said, you're gone the weekend after that, did you look at the schedule? Because I'm taking next weekend off for a trip to California for Gramma's ash scattering, I have to work this Sunday to make up for the Saturday I'm going to miss. SUCK!!! I was all jazzed to go racing too. Should have known, in fact I did, just didn't pay attention.

So then I get home and the dog has puked up three piles on the carpet. Yay!

Then I check the mailbox. Summons. Jury duty. Yay!

So I moped around, ate dinner, then decided to take the dog for a drive and deposit a check from Avista since I had a credit for the yearly comfort billing. +57 bucks, yay!

So as I'm farting around in the 510, being loud, not enjoying idling as the cam backs up and smelling raw gas and exhaust, I finally get a clear section of traffic and rap it out in 1st and 2nd, then slow back down to regular traffic speed.

On my left is a Subaru wagon, turning from a side street into my lane. No biggee, I drive past, the Subi pulls out, and I hear a horrible noise, and I look in the rear view and the Subaru has misjudged the start of the curb median, which is only about 8" wide and probably 6" high at least, and has mounted it, bounced off the body as if was at the ORV park, and come to rest on the other side, facing the incorrect way for traffic. Wow.

And then yesterday some dude yelled at me from across the field where I was playing ball with Molly and asked if that was my Datsun and I said yeah. He said it looks nice, those are fun cars, my buddy used to have a souped up Canadian version. And some other guy he was waiting for showed up at that time and I left him with, What?, Canadian? And he didn't hear me. So since he didn't hear me, lets hear from the Canadi-ens, eh? Is there some special 510 version from Canada? I certainly don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

That's about the weirdness of the day. Food for thought, all that jazz.

Canadian dude

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So since he didn't hear me, lets hear from the Canadi-ens, eh? Is there some special 510 version from Canada? I certainly don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.

Its more polite than the American version :lol: (unless its the French Canadian model :rofl:)

No not mean, misery loves company! ;)

So after my day at work, I called up the parents, which I don't do enough and got myself invited to dinner at their house. Took the 510 of course because my parents live way out in the boondocks with a curvy paved road and then a curvy mountain dirt road. They usually hear me coming from the bottom of the hill at about the 1.4 mile mark.

Going through the pavement, the 510 seems at home now with the new springs. Even though I'm using the studless snow tires, she still managed to rival the effectiveness of the Miata going through the corners. Got close to the 75 mph mark, but didn't push it as it was rainy and night. And the road is technically a 25 mph one. Having driven it the better portion of my life, I can get more speed out of it.

The dirt section was absolute bliss and I even held back on that. Only went about 80%, but the new gears, just heaven. Right at the end of second before having to slow down for the next corner, so around 60 mph uphill in the dirt, with occasional 3rd gear chances, but played it safe tonight.

Really, really, really need to go rallying. When that day comes I'll be a happy camper. And in the meantime, being loud and obnoxious at my old stomping grounds gave me almost as much fun as a day of autocross. Not quite because I couldn't push the envelope, but close.