LSD Where too find or part number

OK one of the things I would like too due too my truck is ad LSD but I can find any. I did do a search and found this in one post

"Yes, there is a Limited Slip Differential available for your truck.

BEGIN QUOTE

Fineline said:

www.reiderracing.com $400 Its a precision gear power brute. They sell two parts for the same axle depending on what gear ratio you are running. One with and one without a 4mm spacer. The one without the spacer will accomodate 4.11 to 4.62 gears and the one with the spacer will go for 4.87 to 5.42. You have to use the later model gears with the 12mm ring gear bolts though. Its still cheaper than having an axle cut to fit the narrow pickups.

Found another LSD. It's built by Auburn gear.

This is a link to one for $499.99

http://justdifferent...products_id=516

END QUOTE

But non of them seem too have them any more at least that's what phone operator said. If they do a part number would be nice. I don't plan too get this right away but would like too know there is still a source available as I really don't wish too mod.

Any body know where they still sell them? Part Numbers?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're pretty much NLA everywhere. NISMO used to sell them as well, but all have been discontinued for some time. Occasionally they show up on some of the other Datsun forums, Detroit Locker type ones show up as well. But rarely, and usually in the $700-up range.

This really sucks because this was the #1 mod I wonted on my daily driver. I will use this to do some satellite installs for the computer shop and there are some roads that are iffy and this would give me a little peice of mind. I realy would like to find one. Oh well cant afford it right now anyhow.

Got one. H-233 with 4.625 LSD and disc.

Pathfinder--D-21conversion031Large.jpg

Cut all the 5 link shit off.

Pathfinder--D-21conversion035Large.jpg

Cleaned it up

Pathfinder--D-21conversion045Large.jpg

Paint. Still need spring perches welded on. The '95s on had a different axle spline than earlier ones. The earliest had the 280 ft lb 'breakaway' LSD. The newer 2003 Xterra? have 28 ft lb breakaway (total joke) Too many soccer moms complaining about the shudder when driving around corners going to the mall.

I would have used a D-21 which has basically the same thing but with leaf spring mounts on it but there weren't any near me. I think the WD-21 axles will swap into the D-21.

Got one. H-233 with 4.625 LSD and disc.

Cut all the 5 link shit off.

Cleaned it up

Paint. Still need spring perches welded on. The '95s on had a different axle spline than earlier ones. The earliest had the 280 ft lb 'breakaway' LSD. The newer 2003 Xterra? have 28 ft lb breakaway (total joke) Too many soccer moms complaining about the shudder when driving around corners going to the mall.

I would have used a D-21 which has basically the same thing but with leaf spring mounts on it but there weren't any near me. I think the WD-21 axles will swap into the D-21.

OK the question now should be what vehicles would have LDS that would not take away ground clearance, or widen the rear end?

Of his truck...that he hasn't bought yet. :P

Here's the email I got from Auburn gear

No we don't' date=' sorry. Thank you for your inquiry. Have a great week!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 12:34 PM

To: AGDiffs

Subject: Nissan LSD

Hello,

I was wondering if you still offer a LSD for a 1979 Datsun/Nissan 620.

Thanks,

Stephen

Must not be a market for them :rolleyes:

the rear ends that dat521kid and datzenmike are showing, are these the same rear ends? out of xterras and/or d21s? (pbviously the xterra has the 5 link with coils and the d21 would have leaf perches) am i correct? i think desert_gold_hound wants to know how the track width of these axles compare to the track width of the stock 620 axle... and while we're at it, how about the 521?

i think desert_gold_hound wants to know how the track width of these axles compare to the track width of the stock 620 axle... and while we're at it, how about the 521?

Somewhat yes this is part of it. I wonted too know this and the type of vehicle it came out of. datzenmike answered this down below as he stated its out of a pathfinder I can start looking for a pathfinder now.

My Pathfinder measured 150cm (59") from where the rims touch on each side. I don't remember what the stock 620 is.. 56" ??? 521s are even narrower.

Is the pathfinder the only vehicle I should be looking for to add LSD to my 620? I don't think 3" will be that big of a deal I don't think I would have too do any mods would I?