510 Fiberglass fenders and front valance

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now that I see this thing about 1 inch short.....I have an issue with some 1972 fenders that are a little bit bigger than the car itself, it was supposed to be a 1972 too, but the tail lights are 3 hole 68's. Does someone knows if the front cilp differs from 1968 to 1972?

• 4 weeks later...

Far as I know the only difference between the 68-69 fenders and 70-73 fenders is the si.de marker they should all be the exact same size.1968-69 has bullet style side markers and 70-73 has the larger rectangular ones. If they are one inch short of the door I dont know what is going on. its not what someone told you.

man. if there IS a difference for the 68/69's....I have a 69 and need a driver fender. I want to stay all metal but if I cannot, Maybe I'd have to go this way.

Got any other pictures? You can email them to me @ info@FGmotorsports.com

I'd hate to have them shipped to Tx and not fit...

Far as I know the only difference between the 68-69 fenders and 70-73 fenders is the si.de marker they should all be the exact same size.1968-69 has bullet style side markers and 70-73 has the larger rectangular ones. If they are one inch short of the door I dont know what is going on. its not what someone told you.

If you are asking about fiberglass fenders I do not make them yet,they are on my list. You should be able to find a metal fender for 100.00 to 150.00$ I bought a set off of a guy a month ago for 150.00$ and they only need some light bodywork.

If you are asking about fiberglass fenders I do not make them yet,they are on my list. You should be able to find a metal fender for 100.00 to 150.00$ I bought a set off of a guy a month ago for 150.00$ and they only need some light bodywork.

• 1 year later...

now that I see this thing about 1 inch short.....I have an issue with some 1972 fenders that are a little bit bigger than the car itself, it was supposed to be a 1972 too, but the tail lights are 3 hole 68's. Does someone knows if the front cilp differs from 1968 to 1972?

The fenders look the same (except the marker light holes), but are slightly different, contrary to belief. I have a 69 wagon that I built to race with and I was going to use a set of 72 fenders and they wouldn't line up correctly, they were to long if I remember correctly, so I bought some 69 fenders and they fit perfectly. Then I took those 72 fenders and tried em on my 71 and they lined up perfectly on that car. So... yes I'd say there is a slight difference in the fenders although most people think they are the same.

How bizzare! It makes very little sense to do so.Retool to add or lose 1" on a panel wow that makes no sense,I have a set of both 68-69 and 71-73 I will give a definitive answer for sure ,soon.

Fiberglass fenders can sometimes get an extra large gap between the fender/door making the panel too short.

Usually it is caused in a combination of two ways. The trailing edge of the fender gets excessively trimmed, shortening the actual fender length or the front closure panel behind the headlight is not positioned in stock location, pushing the fender forward. If both have occurred, the fender would look extremely short when placed on a car.

FutoFab's fender molds are multi piece with separate molds for the head light and trailing edge closure panels. The molds for the closure panels can be bolted to the main fender mold so the individual parts, while still in the molds, can be accurately positioned on the fender for bonding. This allows the parts to be bonded into the correct location. We also take extreme care to make sure we properly fabricate the entire length of the fender during lay-up and only trim to the panel’s trailing edge and not into the panel.

What also happens with most fiberglass parts is the material is thicker than OE steel and the parts get relocated slightly due to that material thickness difference. This adds to the time needed to get proper panel fit. Any fender, be it OE steel or composite will need some adjustments and time to get proper fit. Fiber glass panels will almost always take more time than steel ones.

FutoFab because of the great detail in our fender molds has received very good feedback on our fender fitment.

Just as the title states. I believe these are for a 68' because they were about 1" too short for my 74 four door or could be for a 2 door? Can anyone confirm this? 300 shipped because shipping will be about 150-175 for everything.

Thanks

th_HPIM3362.jpg

th_HPIM3361.jpg

Where did you buy these?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.