510 doors

lardlungs

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tomorrow I'll check a few other detail stuff out to confirm I'm not missing something. I just went and check real quick and didn't get down to 1/16's or 1/4's but everything I wrote down was pretty consistent.

tomorrow I'll check a few other detail stuff out to confirm I'm not missing something. I just went and check real quick and didn't get down to 1/16's or 1/4's but everything I wrote down was pretty consistent.

Is it possible the 68/69 wagons used similar 4dr doors but later ones might not have?

Yeah, picture the wagon as a 4 door, with the rear window line the upright. It would be way too straight with the wagon, hence, frames are different. I would lay odds the door is the same other than that. Might be able to pull out the frame, don't remember if they're two piece. I'd probably just try to find a wagon door.

The rear doors are different in the rear frame area. From the belt-line down they are the same. The front doors will interchange but the wagon window frames are about 1/4" taller. Klotz ran into that on his wagon. The wagon that I just sold had an extra set of doors from a 4-dr and they measured about 1/4" shorter than my 2 wagons. So are the the same? Yes and no. Clear as mud, right?