Elephant OiL logo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can take a picture of the oil cap, that would probably get you what you want. The elephant caps are pretty easy to find on any mid 70's L motor. I found quite a few in pull and save. Have one on the car now, since that was significant to winning the African Safari Rally.

You can take a picture of the oil cap, that would probably get you what you want. The elephant caps are pretty easy to find on any mid 70's L motor. I found quite a few in pull and save. Have one on the car now, since that was significant to winning the African Safari Rally.

ya but I want the high quality logo, I know theres one around

I have like 10 of those lol they are not too rare but they are cool but yes thats the correct logo, I need the one like thats inside the little datsun circle thing

• 3 years later...

i like that better than the plastic caps.

i want one for my cover!

i can take a HQ photo of a cap, if thats any help???

Yeah, I really like that, too. That pic came from the 1200 forum linked above. A member there had some decals made with that image and just put it on his stock gas cap.

Coincidentally I was on the exact same train of thought as Sick620 earlier this morning (glad I found this thread!). Also, why is there no Elephant Oil merch?! You know it had to have existed at some point.

Anyway, I think I'll contact the guy who had the stickers made and see if he'd be willing to part with the image file for some fellow Datsonites.

1225900291.jpg

carlsberg_elephant2.jpg

Also, +1 for Carlsberg Elephant. (And Regular and Chill)

I had never heard of it before I went to Beijing (in the summers of 06' an 07') an it was everywhere there, like on the parasols over the tables outside the bars and stuff. Little did I know I could get it in good Ol Tulsa Oklahoma also. :)

Also also, I've got a Thai Buddha statue that's wearing a little swastika. I thought it was pretty crazy at first (it's just kinda strange seeing a swastika on most things where you wouldn't expect), but found out that the swastika is a pretty common symbol is Buddhism, where it originated.

/pointlessrambling