Tail light lens

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kragen and other auto parts stores used to sell red and amber tail light repair kits. These kits came with release tape for the outside and embossed pyramid forms for those sections of the lens that had the patterns. A little acrylic cement would fix the running cracks that I see, and the repair kit red compound would rebuild the corner and any small missing chips. Bound to cost less tan a replacement lens.

Kragen and other auto parts stores used to sell red and amber tail light repair kits. These kits came with release tape for the outside and embossed pyramid forms for those sections of the lens that had the patterns. A little acrylic cement would fix the running cracks that I see, and the repair kit red compound would rebuild the corner and any small missing chips. Bound to cost less tan a replacement lens.

Thanks for the info, These look like they are getting harder to find so I will head down to kragen tomorrow morning and see if they still sell the kits. Thanks. :thumbup:

what ever you do, DON'T throw away that bad lens just incase.. maybe someone on the form might need it.

:thumbup:

... or you may need it your self!

i use a 2part plastic epoxy for repairs like this.

dries clear, so on a red or orange lens it nearly invisible. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.