Mysterious turbo l28 engine at my local college

motavated

From what I can tell its not built from Nissan parts. After market intake and exhaust, with stock dizzy and after market BOV. Missing turbo and tubing and carb/efi. I believe the head was a n42 head. WILL POST PICS WEDNESDAY AT THE LATEST! Should I inquire more about the engine? Its pretty much going to be used by inexperienced kids and discarded. I dont want what might be a rare setup to be destroyed. Discuss...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quick sketch of the head/engine... Ideas?

elmer that is what I had in mind. Whana trade type of thing. I gives you another engine!!!!

dsfsdfasdf.jpg

It had turbo stamped on the exhaust manifold. But on the top part. not the side on piston #1...

Looks like a cartech suck/blow through (prob suck) to me. Similar, custom, w/e some something along those lines for sure based on that sketch.

I have no question it's a draw though if there's no injectors on the intake and only one inlet. Pending on what the exhaust manifold looks like, I'm going to bet it's a Janspeed? That was one of the more popular draw through turbo's of back in the day iirc.

I think its been pretty certain the whole time its a draw through turbo kit. The question is what brand, and from the welds and casting it is def a kit. I'd also like to know why who ever, was using a carbed turbo motor on a car modern enough (looks like 280zx) for power steering. Moreover if it was 280zx it already had a stock turbo variant? lol Idk someone funky owned it thats for sure.

teh only thing i can think of, if there are no injectors, would be a diesel. but then you would have the mounts for an IP and no dizzy. either taht or as stated earlier, a carbed setup. but that is one weird looking manifold.

Your over complicating things, its a turbo kit that was commonly sold pre l28et we just dont now the brand. The engine its on has a n47 gasoline head prob from a 280zx. lds look completely dif.

I don't think log style manis are weird looking but I can understand thinking so. They were and are popular although less now because of their simplicity and ease of manu.

SO no one interested? Its going to get destroyed.

I am. shoot me a PM

I could use some other stuff off it too, I dont need the bare block, internals, or head.

just the outer housings,misc bolts, front cover, rockers, lash pads ect.

N47's only came REALLY early on in the ZX lineup, before the switch to P79's. But it's for sure a draw through and other than that I couldn't tell you. I don't think it was a turbo tom's kit, since I've only seen them with a pressure side boost regulator, not with a waste gate, but one could very well exist.