Noodle-The Datside's 510

Just by one week! I had to go to AZ for 5 days so I had to get my hours in before and worked three 12 hour shifts. Sucked missing out on a whole week. Plan is to have the wheels done and tires on by next week. Then front coilovers/camber plates and rear springs. Then swap the head with an a87 with good valve seats. Then after canby SU carbs and maybe header and exhaust. But who knows.

jrock- snowflakes? These are six spokes. Snowflakes don't look good on 510s IMO, not enough lip.

i know i seen some on a ratty wagon and thought they looked decent... i hated the wheels on coupes and 4 drs...for some reason on a lo wagon they looked pretty snazzy... i like your new wheels way better than the dp's or what ever are on there now

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

So yesterday morning my car had little torque when accelerating, and sounded extra loud. Almost like from the carb but haven't checked yet. Barely could make it up a steep hill. The idle was rough and would almost die at stops or even would if I let it.

I'm thinking bigger hole in my exhaust and hence why I didn't bother making a new thread. But input would be nice.

Each plug is firing, but didn't remove plugs yet to check. I'll be doing that my next day off. Haven't checked compression yet. But idle got worse when I pulled the wire off each cyl.

My only ideas would be exhaust or blown head gasket. The weird thing is this started first thing in the morning, not the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

My compression is: #1 60 #2 100 #3 90 #4 185. Ill be pulling the head tomorrow. Or at least trying to get up the nerve to do it. Pretty excited, but don't want to screw anything up more than it is. I need to make a timing chain wedge and that's about it. Then ill see what sort of condition the valves are in.