ok i need some help

ok, so i am confused on this story. does the ex still drive the car? do you own the car? sure, this has nothing at all to do with the technical issue at hand, but this is the general forum right? so i'm thinking that if you own the car, but she drives it...its worth fixing. if she owns the car and drives it, depending on the rules of the break up and what your status is with each other...don't fix it. if you own the car and she has no possesion of it...fix it. bottom line, we need pictures of said girl, that will also justify whether or not you should fix it.

disclaimer: i am just trying to inject some sort of humor into this other wise dreary and depression topic. good luck with the path you choose

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the car is mine now, it was hers.. but i went and picked it up yesterday.. the oil pan IS dentend on the front corner a bit and also MAYBE a bit on the bottom.. other then that car runs fine.. but slappy chain at idle.. going to un dent the oil pan then run some sea foam shit through it an give it a good oil change

Seafoam is great, but watch what you do with it... Seems like you took pretty good care of it, so you might not actually have to seafoam it. Only reason to do it would be excess carbon build-up... but if you've got that then you need to watch that it doesn't blow out the head gasket or anything else when you do it... you might end up with a lot more work than you need for something that won't change the vehicle's performance...

Just stick to fixing the pan and changing the oil... go with synthetic if you want... that's what I run in my daily. No idea if it actually lives up to the claims of increased horsepower and whatnot, but I've got valve tick and it seems to help a bit with that. Just make sure you run a decent filter... K&N makes oil filters that aren't too much more expensive than a Fram or whatnot, and I've heard they're better... Again, not sure if there is anything to prove that claim, but I feel better using it.

hey lynch! I just remembered Johns free tt engine had a noisy topend noise and it was his lifters not getting enough oil. I bet the pan is pushed righ up against the pickup tube or nocked it loose a bit and is causing a drop in pressure to the top end. Thats at least what we figured out on johns engine anyway, it was a free engine and we didnt care to fix the dented oil pan!! lol! peace.

i feel you man, i have a 1994 altima that i am very attached too. i have had it for years, learned to drive stick on it, or really just to drive in general. right now it has a blown motor{have 2000 motor ready to go in} and i could easily replace the car{like with the 95 altima in my yard) but i will never scrap. of course at my house i can have as many cars as i want.

hey while were talking sentras, my buddy has got one that they say has a blown head gasket, the car is just past warranty, i thought that to be odd. its the 1.8L motor not the 2.0. any suggestions, they can smell coolant, but not see it. i havent even looked yet, but id figure id ask first. sorry for the thread jack in advance.

I am guessing its a 2000 and up because sentras before that only had a 1.6 or 2.0l option. I am not really familiar with the "ga" series engines but from what I can tell theyre real similar to KA dual cams. I have never heard anything bad about them. A specific year would help narrow the search for info. peace.