Boise Datsun crew!

sick620

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I get my truck put back together :)

Bought new clutch kit, wire brushed and painted the header, detailed the intake today and will drop the engine and put in the transmission tomorrow prolly. I just have to put the bits and pieces back together (with out all the smog crap for now), bleed the breask and put in the wiring harness and I should be back in business.

DATSUN MEET!!!!!SUNDAY JULY 11TH

WHEN? Sunday July 11th meet at 2:00pm

Where? Meet at Albertsons on orchard and overland We will have lunch at trudys kitchen in idaho city and cruise back.

DETAILS? We will take orchard to gowen and take scenic I21 to idaho city hang out for a while and head back.

250px-ID-Scenic-21.svg.png

ScreenHunter_01%20Jun.%2009%2022.47.gif

20050730142352_img_2823.jpg

Here is a few from the trip home from Mountain Home.

65mph on the fwy :D

DSC00907.jpg

My 5 yr old daughter put to sleep to the whine of the L :D

DSC00912.jpg

My 55mph mutt!

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

Had a good 4 day trip. 400 miles in the datsun does take a toll on ones back tho!

Can't wait till the next meet

OMG my mechanic dude just got me a built L20 with a bunch of headwork said it should be putting out like 150 hp and he wants to drop it in my truck next sunday. I am stoked but then again Im a little bummed to see old reliable go

Congrats!

Mine is still hovering above the truck just itching to be put in. Stupid work.

Im not sure yet kinda depends on my mechanic guy if he has use for it then thats where it goes if not I can give you a crack at it. From the sounds of it he might try to put the tranny from the racecar it came out of in the truck too but Im not sure. so It might still have the 4 speed on it

bump dont wann lose momentum how was canby?

pretty much epic.

like every year :lol: you have to camp to get the full experience tho.

Sick620 made it out in a POS subi :rofl: whats the rest of yalls excuse :fu:

CANBY was the shit probably the coolest thing I have ever done ever :D .... I met skib, Datzenmike, pumpkin210, 420n620, the list goes on. I was super bummed I couldnt take my 620. To give you an idea..... Picture 200 datsuns in one place at one time (alot more coming and going) talking to all these people on the forum, someone is BBQing all the time and there are food carts all over to buy smoothies or hotdogs or whatever, a little field of just datsun parts anything you would ever need in the field. Crazy datsun guys yelling at you to sit with them in there truck. 4 foot high bicycles. People getting yelled at for off roading their 620's through puddles, Stickers to buy everywhere, keychains, lots and lots of shirts, riding with skib in his goon to go grab some parts, discussing the finer points of transmissions with datzenmike, Listening to peoples old datsun stories.... YOU GUYS HAVE TO GO NEXT YEAR!

SDC13470.JPG

SDC13500.JPG

SDC13568.JPG

SDC13481.JPG

SDC13489.JPG

SDC13506.JPG

SDC13540.JPG

well......

We started pulling the tranny but my cab mounts are rusty and my cab was sitting low and my tranny was binding up between motor, frame, and cab so we had to pull the motor....

then.....

On the way out we smashed in my radiator with the motor..... had to adapt in a toyota camry radiator.

then.....

got motor out and resurfaced flywheel

then.....

tryed to put on clutch/pressure plate but my new clutch was 1 inch bigger than old clutch....

then......

called clutch guy he said my flywheel must be off of l16 or l18

then.....

went to barger manson and got the correct sized flywheel (my pressure plate slid right on!!)

then......

got home with new flywheel and resurfaced it.....

then.......

found out it was a 6 hole fly wheel and I needed a 5 hole......

then.....

looked closer at motor

then.....

got some gas and cleaned off block

then.......

L18!!!!!!!

then.....

in a hurry put back together my old clutch with my new 5 speed

then....

put motor and tranny in

then....

found out my new tranny bolts in at a 12 degree angle because its off of the wrong 200sx

then....

tryed to piece it all together at 1'oclock friday night.....

then.....

got frustrated and quit

then.....

took my mechanic friends gay ass half running half not subaru to oregon at 6 am.

when I got back......

we bent my shifter, hooked up all the misc stuff, bolted in some scrap metal under the tranny to make up the angle, made a exhaust out of a piece of fence.... now im on the road with a 5 speed!

I should have one the hard luck award! :(