Will I rub?

I looked and couldn't really find any good visual pictures of 15x8 in a 15 offset so..........with

Stock 510 front suspension

Will I rub the shock with a 15x8 +15?

I know the +0 works but with this being in a little farther will I be ok?

I'm more worried about the actual rim rubbing rather than the tires atm.

Thanks any pictures would be great.

and for reference these are the sportmax/xxr 501's

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally, I see more people with FWD cars wanting positive offsets. I rarely see anybody with RWD wanting positive.. atleast in that width. In FWD alot of times, the front spindles stick out further than the rear ones on RWD, so that's why they want the positive offset. Alot of VW guys run those, so if you're wanting your tires to be flush, or "poke", you're gonna want either a "0" offset, or negative. But if you want your tires "tucked"(or further in), you'll want the positive offset, in which instance, you'll have to deal with clearance issues of your struts and fender wells. I personally would rather have my wheels as close to flush with the outside body lines of the car(if not out a little bit).. but that's just the stance I prefer.

I'm running 14x7.5 up front with 280zx struts, and 14x8s in the rear(both "0" offset).

I doubt that if the fronts were 14x8s with +15mm offset, that they'd clear.. I could be wrong, though..

pulls the wheels in

Correct me if I'm wrong,,,, but I thought 280zx struts made a wider stance for a 510.....

I always heard I could tuck lower offset wheels with stock struts...... That's why I shortened my stock 510 struts

My 16x8 +0 wheels hardly rub on the coilovers on stock 510 struts.... I hear 280zx struts allow for a higher backspace

I think a 15x8 +15 will NOT clear stock 510 struts with coilovers..... Maybe with 280zx struts, but you will NEED fender flares...... Because I think 280zx struts make a wider stance in the front....

You are better off finding some 15x7 +15 or even 15x6.5 would fit better with stock fenders

yeah I thought the 280zx actually widened.

Thats cool to know they actually narrow it.

I'll probably be cutting it close with the +15.......

My goal was to not stick outta the fenders but,

If in all case I can just slap on some spacers to clear if I had to.....I might as well have gotten the zeros....

Oh well we'll see

thanks for all the input

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong,,,, but I thought 280zx struts made a wider stance for a 510.....

I always heard I could tuck lower offset wheels with stock struts...... That's why I shortened my stock 510 struts

My 16x8 +0 wheels hardly rub on the coilovers on stock 510 struts.... I hear 280zx struts allow for a higher backspace

I think a 15x8 +15 will NOT clear stock 510 struts with coilovers..... Maybe with 280zx struts, but you will NEED fender flares...... Because I think 280zx struts make a wider stance in the front....

You are better off finding some 15x7 +15 or even 15x6.5 would fit better with stock fenders

I think it actually narrows the front about 3/4" or something like that.

I'd be stoked if they did widen it.. every little bit helps cool.gif

yeah I thought the 280zx actually widened.

Thats cool to know they actually narrow it.

I'll probably be cutting it close with the +15.......

My goal was to not stick outta the fenders but,

If in all case I can just slap on some spacers to clear if I had to.....I might as well have gotten the zeros....

Oh well we'll see

thanks for all the input

I think they will bump the strut, I have 15X8 0 offset and have a clearance of 2cm between the wheel and the strut, stock 510 struts.

everyone in this forum "thinks".