the $60.00 rustoleum paint job

sean1978

We sprayed the wagon I have for sale with orange rustoleum. all I really did was scuffed the exterior of the car and cleaned it. no body filler or body work. Don't have the time or budget for a real paint job on this one as we have been working hard on my restoration project in the background:

8733_1219317358481_1095313702_667167_3489471_n.jpg

21933_1329200185483_1095313702_992496_1825852_n.jpg

21933_1329199745472_1095313702_992495_3710077_n.jpg

21933_1329198905451_1095313702_992494_7730276_n.jpg

19833_1332071017252_1095313702_998622_3303288_n.jpg

19833_1332070297234_1095313702_998621_4733963_n.jpg

better than before!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pumpkn car is rattle can rusoleum orange! Love that stuff!

We couldn't find pints of rustoleum safety orange so we bought 1 pint of red and 2 pints of yellow to make our own. We thinned it with acetone. My buddy who sprayed it was actually impressed at how well it came out with minimal prepwork. He's curious as to how it would look on a car that was prepped more. Might try it out on my other friend's drift beater.

Yea seemed to dull out after drying. Its quite the job doin it with cans, will prolly do it with a gun next time! Shit sticks and looks good with Minimal prep for sure. Ive seen Real paint jobs that didnt look as good as the can job CoughklotzCough Im sure whoever that was they fixed it! :D

I wonder what would happen if you bought flake or any of the things you add in to more costly paint..

haha probably would look like crap. Paint jobs like this are best done with lighter colors without metallic, flake, or pearl.

Friend of mine in HI has an old VW beetle he did like this with safety yellow, it actually looks decent. Best part is if it gets scuffed or bubbles you can sand the spot down and hit it with some more paint.

Not going to win any car show trophies but decent improvement for the price.

olderthenme on hbz rolled his on the wet sanded the living hell out of it. Very good results for the price, you still pay in labor though. No matter what you do in body work your going to pay heavy in labor lol.

How does this stuff do as far as longevity? Has anybody done this and had it last more than 6 months?

What was the cost in materials.. I ask because I have a 4-door that I'm sanding and getting ready to remedy of a HELLACIOUS paint job.. they covered it in the worst possible latex paint.. applied with a roller; the hideous orange is topped only by the 40-grit texture.. <_<

How does this stuff do as far as longevity? Has anybody done this and had it last more than 6 months?

What was the cost in materials.. I ask because I have a 4-door that I'm sanding and getting ready to remedy of a HELLACIOUS paint job.. they covered it in the worst possible latex paint.. applied with a roller; the hideous orange is topped only by the 40-grit texture.. <_<

Just get goof off and disolve the acrylic paint. Smelly and messy but it's better than sanding off

Just get goof off and disolve the acrylic paint. Smelly and messy but it's better than sanding off

I'm thinking I'll be trying this paint out on a car this year ... It can't look any worse than what I have on :blink: !

Where my wife works they wanted $ 250 to paint stripes and the business names on the 5 parking stalls. She got me to hand letter over the name that was worn and faded. I used yellow rustoleum over the remains if the white and it still looks great after two years! The other stalls that were sprayed are shit now. I'm impressed with how it stands up to all the traffic.

krylon.

the sedan has been outside ~2yrs, cant tell if white is fading :P

other than the lack of prep in many areas, it still looks OK.

its gettin an upgrade this summer!