The SADDEST forum on the web

I just saw a running driving 1986 Yugo GV for sale on CL. I thought it might be fun to have one, so I went looking for a Yugo forum to see what people are doing with them. That is how I found the saddest forum on the internet. It has 2 members and 0 posts in 0 topics, but has been online for 1 year and 5 months :blink: :lol: I am thinking about joining and posting something, anything just so I can be the most active member on the site :D

Anyway here it is http://yugo-forum.lefora.com/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the girls in my college had a Yugo. Bright orange, and it was actually in excellent shape. This was in '97. She loved it, and her Dad maintained it meticulously.

The only one I've seen in a while is the one a local used car lot uses as an advertisement. It's made up to look like a giant telephone (on Pac Ave in Tacoma).

Not really Russian construction... more "Communist Bloc" construction. NATO bombed the "Yugo" manufacturing plant during the Kosovo war (the parent company also manufactures weapons and they bombed the wrong plant). It's now part of Serbia. The Zastava brand (what the Yugo really was) ended in 2008. The cars are still fairly popular in Eastern Europe, since they're simple and like most things built in Communist times, didn't change much during production so sourcing parts isn't that hard.