Amber Headlights

720mike

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of mid-80s Mercedes had yellow inner lights. I ran a set from one and they only require wire ends being put on the Bosch headlights. Additional wiring will be required if you want something other than yellow high beams :rolleyes:

I would look at your local JY for an old Mecedes and pull the lights. :cool:

I have seen painted sets turn out great and I have seen them look really bad...paint with caution.

The Mercedes ambers are fog lights, if you use them, you will be cutting you light output.

If you want the amber headlights and want to be able to see, what you're looking for is French market

headlights. Hella and Cibie both made a full line of headlights and driving lights in amber as well as fogs.

look here, http://euromcars.com/parts/e28m5/lights/04-22-09/hyehl1.htm

The french Market used all amber lighting untill the EU was formed as far as I know

it's for the look.

amber light is said to cut the fog better, but a fog lamp pattern is cut off very low so the light is not reflected back into the drivers eyes.

That is why fog lamps are supposed to be wired to come on only with the low beams.

I have nothing against the look, but I want the the most light I can get to see at night.

my set up is Hella H4 low beams, and Hella H1 hi beams, 55/65w in the lows, and IIRC 65w bulbs in the lows.

with a relay set up higher watt bulbs would give more light.

This is the same lights as in the link above, only clear lenses, not yellow.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...