Original Factory Datsun Brake tool

If anyone is interested on borrowing my Factory Datsun brake adjustment tool. Let me know

It's a pain to adjust those brake drums on 521.

This tool will help.

Hard to find.

Curious though, its says made in China.

Thought Factory Datsun tools are all made in Japan.

Oh well

521-sss006-1.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad never worked on cars but our next door neighbor sure did. When I was about 11 or so, I used to wander over and try to get in the way. And so he would put me to work scraping gaskets off or washing parts and getting or putting tools away. If he asked for some tool I never heard of like a spanner or a knuckle-breaker or even monkey wrench, I would run down to his basement and bring back the most interesting looking tool I could find. On time it slipped and skinned his finger. He yelled: "fuckin' wrench!" and threw it across the driveway. As I ran to get it and put it back I said: "thought you said it was a monkey wrench?" Ever after that day whenever he asked for the monkey wrench I would say: "don't you mean the fuckin' wrench?" just to watch him quickly look over in our yard to see if my dad might have heard me swearing. :lol: He never gave me shit because he always needed me when he did a valve job. He compressed the springs by putting his weight on two hammers, the wooden ends on each side of the valve and push down. My job was to quickly reach in with my small fingers to pick the keepers out.

oh...God bless the mentors out there. that is a hilarious wrench story. at my old apartment the neighbor kids always wanted to know what i was doing to my trucks. they liked the datto because they said it would never run (it didnt while i lived there) but man they LOVED helping me bleed brakes!