david's 120y coupe project build & l20b swap

davidbil

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

beautifl simply beautiful man so its getting an l20b? whats with the a series gaskets then?

the A series is getting rebuilt for the moment and as a temporary measure until i can source a l20

so far im thinking use the automatic tailshaft with a stumpy and l20b engine

im just not sure about the crossmembers but i was told to use the a10 stanza member or the struts and member from a 180b

and find out the easiest way to fit it

paint thats going on the coupe is going to be pepper grey metallic with black metallic grand touring stripes

I Love the slot mags! And that is one sweet 120y!

slot lookkinda funny with a positive offest if you ask me :P

and yes if you get an engine crossmember out of an a10 stanza it becomes basicly bolt it from everything i have read

i would like to clarify the easiest way of putting the l20 into the 120y coupe

the a10 stanza member?

the 180b member + strut towers?

the 200b mounts on the 120y member welded in?

would A series brackets fit on the L series?

the a series has different mounts then the l series i know that for a fact hence why you get the a10 crossmember i dont think you need the strut towers that would be alot of cuting and welding as for the driveline are you going stickshift?if so you want a stickshift driveline

i would like to clarify the easiest way of putting the l20 into the 120y coupe

the a10 stanza member?

the 180b member + strut towers?

the 200b mounts on the 120y member welded in?

would A series brackets fit on the L series?

I have not done it, but I believe that your safest bet is the 180b crossmember and strut towers. This is what I have heard when I asked about it for a B210 years ago.

I have not done it, but I believe that your safest bet is the 180b crossmember and strut towers. This is what I have heard when I asked about it for a B210 years ago.

why would you need the strut towers? thats cutting up the doner car

why would you need the strut towers? thats cutting up the doner car

I think he means strut assemblies, not towers. So, to be more concise: 180B crossmember, control arms, and strut assemblies, as the mounts to the 180B crossmember are a little different...

6917.jpg

This is what i mean thats an l20b from what i can see the metal plate looks fabricated or something has been tacked under if the a series mounts dont fit the l series

I see what you're talking about - You need the crossmember from the 180B, as well as the metal motor mounts from the L-Series motor. Make sure you get them from the donor 180b, and you'll be solid.