Subaru LSD question

Dyl510

I don't trust rating on datsun IRS rears. People rate the r200 at 300tq meanwhile there are track z's doing stands on them all season long lol. Take a butt load more tq then 300 to do that, and a lot more durability to take it.

R200_Strong_Enough.jpg

imho what blows these dif is spinning wheel out like a maniac. It blows out the spider gears. The tq is way more likely to blow out the half shafts 1st.

Thats just me though from what I know and see, tq def matters, a lot.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have some info on stocker R180 strength? I'd go that route because it's cheap and easy, but I really don't want to replace a grenaded rear end in a few months.

I've run R-180's in a 2.2L 510, my L28 240Z, a 720 4X4 and in my 620 4X4, I've only broke one, that was in my 720 4X4 long bed, off road in the rocks, after blowing the rear drive shaft out of the truck on a big rock. we where trying to get the truck out of a canyon that we had 4wd to get into. the truck was a bone stock 85 long bed, loaded full of crap, Z24 and it was in low range, what failed was the spider gears, and only after some very serious beating with tall tire and in low range.

I have to give the R-180 lots of respect, I believe they will hold more power than people give them credit for.

• 1 year later...