I am 50/50 about the new 620

9 members have voted

1. 1. what to do with these two trucks

• take all the good parts from reg cab making the king cab nice
    • leave the king cab the way it is and freshen up the reg cab

Ok I know you guys are picture whores but you'll have to wait hehe.

I told family and friends to keep an eye out for any sort of Datsun's they see or hear about. I get info that there is a old guy that has a 75 620 that is not running right and has no brake pedal pressure for sale. So of course I went and looked at it, when I saw it I was like (oh my god). Perfect dash, windshield, bench seat, doors, hood, bed, fenders etc etc.

Got it home and looked into it, adjusted the points and it purred and went around the block perfect and found 2 bad wheel cylinders that were leaking.

so dilemma: I love my 79 king cab and taking all the parts off the reg cab would make a damn near perfect truck, and for once I will have a nice datsun,lol. I feel kind of guilty taking the reg cab apart but I don't want a reg cab.

What would you guys do?

Picturecarsandkids146.jpg

Picturecarsandkids148.jpg

Picturecarsandkids131.jpg

Picturecarsandkids132.jpg

Picturecarsandkids134.jpg

Picturecarsandkids135.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would make the king cab nicer. Then sell off the rest of the parts on here. If the body and such isnt that bad just sell whatever you dont use as a whole for cheap. You are in marysville, im sure theres some guys up there that could use some 620 stuff. maybe even moparvwfreak might need some stuff?

Get a 3rd truck, wish I had the room. I will take a pic of the space I got to work with, I can't have another ride here or parents.

I was thinking making the king cab nice and sell the reg cab as a running and driving truck.

I would make the king cab nicer. Then sell off the rest of the parts on here. If the body and such isnt that bad just sell whatever you dont use as a whole for cheap. You are in marysville, im sure theres some guys up there that could use some 620 stuff. maybe even moparvwfreak might need some stuff?

King Cabs are the Shiz! Make the king nice and let the reg be crappy. :cool:

Im with h2theizzo.

Make that 79 even sweeter, then put everything you dont want on the 75 and sell it.

I'm w/ these guys ^^^. You know what to do. DOOOOO IIIIIT

looks like everyone is thinking what I was thinking, so looks like I was on the right track to begin with by just sticking to fxing the king cab.

I was planning on uploading pics today while at work but of course I forgot to bring the camera.

King Cabs are great and would be my first choice but what kind of shape is the other truck in? If it is sweet then it would be a shame to molest it for its clean parts and leave it with a crusty dash, etc. If it is a rusty beast with a nice interior, take what you need for yours and sell it as a running truck.

Actually, it is your truck, do what makes you happy!

the 75 looks to nice to be pulling parts off, I'd fix what ever needed fix, clean it up and sell so the next owner can enjoy it then find another KC for parts. what does your KC need ? maybe someone on here has parts for ya..

the KC needs---bed, tailgate, windshield, dash, doors, hood and driverside fender. the bed just has a dollar size rust hole and dent here and there on it, but is not that bad. the parts on the KC aren't bad or horrible by any means its just doesn't meet my standards, lol. The person that ends up with the 75 won't be getting a pile of junk by any means they just half to put some work into it, plus the less bodywork I have to do the better since I spend the whole month doing bodywork on the new 240sx, it kind of getting old.