weber 32/36

BUCKWHEAT

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a easy swap? does it just bolt on the stock manifold? :confused:

No. The 32/36 bolt pattern is wider and deeper. And the bore centers on the Weber are considerably wider than the Hitachi. So you'll need an adapter.

I converted to the Weber due to the cost of a new Hitachi: $435.00. I bought a new-old-stock Weber (made for a Pinto) for $60.00. I made my own adapter from a scrap of 1/2" aluminum plate, a 1" hole-saw, a router with a carbide bit, and an 8mm heli-coil set.

Is this a easy swap? does it just bolt on the stock manifold? :confused:

is the webber 32-36 a good carb . is it worth swaping i got a stock carb now.what are the pros and cons.

Sorry to be a dick (this time), but, sheesh, c'mon, guys, use the friggin' SEARCH. This has only been discussed a zillion times. You would have had your answer already.

Easy? Yes.

Bolt-on stock manifold? No.

Pros?

Fewer parts than the stock Hitachi

Most folks find the Weber easier to tune & rebuild than the Hitachi

Cons? Not free.

You should also tell us why you're asking. Too many folks think throwing a different carburetor on will fix the problem they're having.

Hi Pete,

I woulda used Search, but your comments are much more interesting :cool:

Is a Hitachi DCH-340 a good carburetor for a Datsun? I have a Weber on there now, but it's not running so good, has a flat-spot just off idle, and pours black smoke out the exhaust pipe, plus it doesn't start too good when cold. Will the Hitachi run better than this?

Is it worth the swap? For many people, no, they regretted doing it. For many other, yes, they wouldn't go back.

If you do not plan on revving the engine over 5,000 RPM, don't swap it.

If fuel economy is most important to you, don't swap it.

If you don't want to mess with or pay someone to change jetting for it, don't swap it.

Conversely, if the opposite applies, go for it!

I have twin carbs on one of my Datsuns, but for a my daily driver Datsun I have the stock carburetor.

Hi Pete,

I woulda used Search, but your comments are much more interesting :cool:

I aim to please. You aim, too, please. :lol:

Is a Hitachi DCH-340 a good carburetor for a Datsun? I have a Weber on there now, but it's not running so good, has a flat-spot just off idle, and pours black smoke out the exhaust pipe, plus it doesn't start too good when cold. Will the Hitachi run better than this?

Yeah, I've heard about that, and I recall a recent thread about that. IIRC, the solution was a different secondary. I'll let you search for the thread, but here's some other help:

Weber DGV Tuning Guide

the post is because i just got one for free and i wanted to see if it is worth the swap.

Free is Excellent :thumbup: ....as long as it's in good condition and/or can be rebuilt. You'll still need an adapter.

Sorry to be a dick (this time), but, sheesh, c'mon, guys, use the friggin' SEARCH. This has only been discussed a zillion times. You would have had your answer already.

Easy? Yes.

Bolt-on stock manifold? No.

Pros?

Fewer parts than the stock Hitachi

Most folks find the Weber easier to tune & rebuild than the Hitachi

Cons? Not free.

You should also tell us why you're asking. Too many folks think throwing a different carburetor on will fix the problem they're having.

what is Search?? :confused:

hey where can you get stock hitachi carb that's new.....fawk i d buy one of those before i would fork out to replace my bastard 32/36...I'm starting to think my 32/36 is just a turd called a weber.... seems everyone is having problems withthere webbers they bought from same guy...great...

not ebay...checked...callin parts store in the am...

I have installed 3 webers on my cas and ran after basic adjustment.

installed another used on on Tana's 521 truck ran good.

all were used.

If stock carb runs then just run it. and buy a weber on the side when you dont need one for cheap.

stock carbs are hard to rebuild. Webers EZ.

but be clear dont buy soembody else used junk. most webers the rebuilt kit is really just a regasket kit and accell pump diaphram and needle valve for the float.