3" lowering blocks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Note you need Skinny blocks,(you can't use reagular size lowering blocks) the u bolt plates on the 620 are narrow,so you need skinny blocks,If i remember right their 1 and 1/2 inch across as aposed to the standard 2"

Better to do it without blocks if you can.

do tell.....blocks put extra levrage on axle...720 springs have a the same rate as 620 ones...yes the aligning pin is different but i have seen a truck with them under it and it does well at the autocross

do tell.....blocks put extra levrage on axle...720 springs have a the same rate as 620 ones...yes the aligning pin is different but i have seen a truck with them under it and it does well at the autocross

Exactly, the blocks give the axle more leverage an the springs, giving spring wrap problems and axle hop.

also more leverage when a side load is applied.

Blocks are illegal in some states. and you'll never find them under any of my vehicles.

they are cheap and easy, but better to do it the right way. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Change or Rearch the springs is a better way to go.  blocks work, lots of people use them :rolleyes: , but springs are the right way to go :thumbup:

So, for comparisons sake, I priced the Bell Tech blocks at jegs = $50 + shipping. I imagine then this would be another $10 or $20. Between $50 and $70 for blocks.

Then I called Atlas Spring & Axle (a local shop here in Wichita) it would take them about 1 hour and cost $45 a side for a total of $90 plus tax. For $110 I could roll with no worry. Sure that's 40 smackeroos, but it is cheap piece of mind IMO. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.