my first 70' 521..wichita kansas

Chris Haines

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

NO NOT FROM COLORADO IT WAS IN SOUTHWEST MISSOURI.

PICKED UP SOME NEW (NEW TO ME) WHEELS THE OTHER DAY WANTED TO GET SOME PICS UP. ALUMINUM 15 X 10

018-1.jpg

021.jpg

025.jpg

022.jpg

ALREADY CLEANED EM UP AND THEY LOOK F'N SAWEET! ILL GET NEW PICS OF THEM LATER TODAY.

THANKS AGAIN TO THE OLDDATSUNS.COM WEBSITE THAT WIRING DIAGRAM HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL

• 1 month later...

finally now that all the really cold weather is done, ive had a chance to work on the truck. i got my motor and trans swapped, i had a one piece drive shaft made ive pulled the interior wiring harness and engine harness twice to straighten out cluster up wires the previous owner had done. ive pulled the gas tank and am in the process of fabbing up something for that. my hood is gettin fixed possibly luvered. i have replaced 3 of the 4 wheel cylinders so far. 4th one is on order. replaced some brake drums and pads.

now i just gotta finish fixin some wiring issues with the headlights.

wire up my gauge cluster.

figure out what i wanna do for a fuel tank.

get the hood finished.

i need to figure out or find a headlight switch.

i did on the other hand get to drive the truck for the very first time since i got it in dec. it wasnt much but it was so refreshing to see it move on its own. really got me excited again.

other plans are to

fix the floor pans, its a mess (i will get pics up to show you what i got once i pulled the carpet up).

get my seat recovered. make some door panels and kick panels.

i really need/want a straight dash. the previous owner mangeled this one during what im assuming looks to be a custom stereo install.

• 3 weeks later...