wanted Z22

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm snowed in. My work partner phoned to say to not bother coming in today.

I don't care for the on line calculators. I tried one and it was a pain to use gave an answer that was out there. Lots of useless blank spaces.... maybe me, but I won't trust it. I work it out with a hand held HP 48 G (overkill) but plugging in your own numbers makes you think more about what you're doing and errors are right there for you to see. It's easy to overlook something the other way.

I have a page (not finished yet) for the L20B motor with everything listed for the stock bore (85mm) volume 487.75cc, the deck volume in plus or minus volume 2.55cc, crushed gasket volume 6.8cc, piston dish 11.36cc and a choice of open or closed head volume and a calculated compression for either. I also have it for an 86mm and an 87mm oversize piston. For example if 280z flattops are substituted I just go down to the 86mm bore and add all the numbers and leave the dish volume out... bam! 10.11 with stock open head. Takes 10 seconds for easy ones. I really should sit down and work out the rest for the oversize L16/18 and the Z20/22/24 engines. It doesn't give every possible combo but it does speed up the answer by adding or subtracting known volumes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.