really cool Historic IMSA Z on ebay

RoadRace

i didn't want to put this in the for sale section.

really cool old race car thast deserves a good home. i'm torn on the asking price because the motor is apart and needs rebuilding, he doesn't list any spares with the car, but it is a genuine part of nissan racing history and has to be worth the money.:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-260Z-IMSA-GTU-TRANS-AM-SCCA-GT2_W0QQitemZ180443938176QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Cars_Not_Street_Legal_?hash=item2a034bfd80

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, they shoulda kept it in original form with all the race character. Really rad car that needs a home in a museum or collection.

i read a good quote once regarding the frequent re-restoration and over restorations of cars: "A car can be restored a thousand times, but it can original only once". i struggle to keep my 510 looking like it did back in the 70's when it was first raced - but it has 7 BAD coats of paint, and that is a total piss-off. so i can understand both sides of the equation.

and the Z has the Dzus'd on widebody flares included, there is a pic of them with the ad - i wish he had the wheels shown on the car when it was black and red. if i didn't just buy a house, i'd be seriously considering this car.

Edited by RoadRace
added text