1200 Windshield

Jester

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Since it says the car will be gone tomorrow and that was a month ago, I suppose you never did pull the windshield, and I need one. Ah well that is the luck of timing I suppose.

Anyway I thought I would mention that the weatherstripping is stiil available for these. I bought a 5 piece set on fleabay for a coupe. I needed the doors and rear window, and figured I would need the windshield soon since the windshield is cracked. These came out of asia somewhere (cant remember right now) and seem to be good quality. Just a warning, don't be in a hurry if you bid on them, it took 45 days or so to get them. They do say on their auctions that it takes that long.

As to the windshields themselves, as was mentioned by Duncan Pilkington is indeed out of them. So a yard or parts car is about all the option you have except lexan. If anyone has a source please post it here. I would think that they are available in Australia or South Africa for the ute, wonder about the coupe and sedan.

Anyone?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since it says the car will be gone tomorrow and that was a month ago, I suppose you never did pull the windshield, and I need one. Ah well that is the luck of timing I suppose.

Anyway I thought I would mention that the weatherstripping is stiil available for these. I bought a 5 piece set on fleabay for a coupe. I needed the doors and rear window, and figured I would need the windshield soon since the windshield is cracked. These came out of asia somewhere (cant remember right now) and seem to be good quality. Just a warning, don't be in a hurry if you bid on them, it took 45 days or so to get them. They do say on their auctions that it takes that long.

As to the windshields themselves, as was mentioned by Duncan Pilkington is indeed out of them. So a yard or parts car is about all the option you have except lexan. If anyone has a source please post it here. I would think that they are available in Australia or South Africa for the ute, wonder about the coupe and sedan.

Anyone?

DO NOT BUY THE ONES FROM ASIA---THAILAND! THEY ARE JUNK! DONT LAST. BUY THEM OUT OF AUSTRALIA--MUCH BETTER QUALITY. And, it did take like 3 months to get the ones from Asia!

• 2 months later...

I have a bunch of 1200 parts.. i took the front and rear defroster glass, all lights, the grille and the doors, hood, and trunk off a 71 orange coupe a few years back... have a full auto dash and pad with a small flaw in it.... sell the whole lot to any 1200 coupe owner with 500 bucks who will meet me in Vancouver BC to pick up... Merlin

• 5 weeks later...