Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent honestly an hour at the local paint shop, asking questions as a noob. He asked if I wanted a 1 or 2 part paint, and I asid, pre make that shit thin! I don't want to mix nothing. andthats just it it was runny like aunt jemima, as opposed to runny like canadian Maple syrup!

So I mean another pint (theres 2 pints per a can) should do it!)

Radio

Radio,

Maybe all the money you have spent on glass and resin you could have bought a cheap Princess Auto mig and some sheet metal and fixed this right. The fibre glass and bondo is just going to crack and fall out.

?Huh?

fiberglass and metal will not and do not bond together, always cracks after you've driven ur ride around, you know, body flexing, viberating. I would have found some sheet metal and made the sheet metal to fit, then screwed or pop rivet it, since you don't have a welder.

Oh well, keep up the work, it is part of the education of working on vehicles.

didn't you just buy a few vehicles lately, why didn't you go buy a welder instead, I'm just asking...... ;)

Wet sanded it all down WHAT a difference!! Shes silky smoothe now! Picked up another quart of grey and a pint of black, instead of using spray bomb for the doors and hood :) Was too windy tho to law don final layer, so one more hot afternoon and it'll be finished. Also made that unfinished bodywork on the rear driver side box 2000% better and primered it. Straightened the pass fender finally and now it will line up nice with front spoiler...

Radio

My buddy has a welder. But I thought fibreglass can work. Its in the auto dept for frick sakes, sold by rust check, lol. The instructions they are using it on vehicles. lol

Radio

its usable like bondo, in little bits.

that shits going to fall out, prob last a year at most... if you did it proper

usually people do the body work first, and then paint their cars ;) just a thought.

He is only rattle canning it. I am sure he can touch up the rockers later :P

EDIT: Maybe he is using a gun and I am a dolt and didnt read it. Whatever, he can still touch it up later.

That is looking really good...

You are at the stage to start block sanding........... start with a 120-220 in the rough areas ...... . then primer..... then wet sand 320-400 ....... it looks like %75 is ready for wet sanding already

Wet sanding with a flat block makes everything even and flat............ I use a 2x6 .. x10 block for the doors and hood