Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some anti-milwdew underlay today. Glued it in with spray adhesive. Got far along enough to have some of the carpet cut and figured out. Need truck back together for Friday, so I can take the Frontier's Titan rims and Rubber to be mounted. Will be doing motor this weekend with Batsun! Friday he picks up his KA24E for his 620.

Radio

osgnmo1.jpg

osgnmo2.jpg

osgnmo3.jpg

osgnmo4.jpg

osgnmo5.jpg

osgnmo6.jpg

osgnmo7.jpg

osgnmo8.jpg

osgnmo9.jpg

Frontier motor is out.

New motor is painted.

Tires are on rims (having issues with hub size)

Rear leafs def needed, proved today with some inflated tires correct diameter.

Engine bay is boxlinered/painted.

Manifold is cracked need a emergency weld up.

Need a pass side ball joint and re connect the disconnected away bar Same passenger side.

One of the two piece driveshafts has a fucked collar bearing... No idea what that is called not a u joint but will have to replace before reinstallation.

Oics to follow tonite. Gonna eat now!

Radio

Yes. However gents. The duct tape you want to use is polyken 203. It has 12 month clean removal (so no glue residue that holds dirt and now your scraping glue) and the only one that will hold when you drive floor jacks and engine cranes over it a million times.

Radio

Sunday @ Garage. Don't have a oic but Motor/Trans are hooked up, and they are ready to go back in. Wheels switched to some that fit front hubs for now. Everything is painted good and the leveller is being used (rounded up another chunk of chain)

Radio

jfsfijek7.jpg

jfsfijek8.jpg

jfsfijek9.jpg

jfsfijek10.jpg

jfsfijek11.jpg

jfsfijek12.jpg

jfsfijek13.jpg

jfsfijek14.jpg

jfsfijek15.jpg

jfsfijek16.jpg

jfsfijek17.jpg

jfsfijek19.jpg

jfsfijek20.jpg

jfsfijek21.jpg

jfsfijek23.jpg

jfsfijek24.jpg

jfsfijek25.jpg

jfsfijek26.jpg

[url=http://s32.photobucket.com/user/CanadianShield/media/Canadianshield2/jfsfijek27.jpg.html]jfsfijek27.jpg

damn dio ..... breaking ou the work stick are ya..... nice work ... few questions

1.  I want a dohc rear sump out of a frontier at somepoint...I got a front sumper always wanted a rear sumper... to bad we don't love closer....lol

2.  wheels look good for frontier......are the painted o powdercoated......either way they look good...

3.  why is the rear axle set back so far In the rear...... looks like its back to far about 2-3 inces from center of wheel opening...

looking good though man A+++++++

I got a bnch of those mrvf alpine amps ..... never been the most powerful but definitely sound great and putt out great power ... thinking about using mine in my goon....gonna run 3 jl audio 8w6 dvc woofers

Kevin,

Sorry it is confusing and here is the explaination...

I have a 1998 Frontier with a KA24DE, bad motor, bought a new good used KA24DE replacement, which is the motor with the Ratsun flag on it. It was a Frontier to Frontier swap lol.

AS SOON as this frontier is running, and moveable, Batsun (my friend thats his Ratsun Handle) and I are removing his L18 and installing his friday night purchase a KA24E (Single overhead cam) that came out of a 240sx. I Happen to have an extra trans lying around for his. A little more Ratsuny of a swap. and not that you all care, but I am giving Batsun an extra crack free dash, and a better windshield so we can cruise around together in style. I get the non oil burning L18 and 4 Speed back as that trade. I am an L engine hoarder.

Radio

So you pulled a ka24e out and slapped in a ka24de?

Everything you do looks great, I looked through a lot of this thread and damn your always doing something its awesome!

Lol @ "dio",

Rear sump like or oil pan also. You're welcome to it after Batsun takes what he needs. I have boxes upon boxes of KA stuff.  

I HAVE SEVERAL FUCKING KA PARTS LYING AROUND HERE AND GETTING IN THE WAY OF MY L SERIES BABIES!!

Wheels are media blasted with garnet, walnut shell and then glass beaded, painted with the best paint on earth Duplicolor Flat black wheel paint.

The Axle...or rather Leaf Driver side is "Le Fucked" as in she have no curve. I have known or suspected this for some time...I had the truck sitting on various datsun spares so wanted to confirm (which i did this weekend) that the leaf is "Le Fucked". But now front hubs too big I only tested on the rear blah blah blah 55$ each Machine this router that later I will have these on. 

LEAFS ARE getting ordered month end. Ran. out. of. money. Frontier. you. are. not. a. Datsun. which. runs. on. Fumes. and. WD40.

Radio

damn dio ..... breaking ou the work stick are ya..... nice work ... few questions

1.  I want a dohc rear sump out of a frontier at somepoint...I got a front sumper always wanted a rear sumper... to bad we don't love closer....lol

2.  wheels look good for frontier......are the painted o powdercoated......either way they look good...

3.  why is the rear axle set back so far In the rear...... looks like its back to far about 2-3 inces from center of wheel opening...

looking good though man A+++++++

I got a bnch of those mrvf alpine amps ..... never been the most powerful but definitely sound great and putt out great power ... thinking about using mine in my goon....gonna run 3 jl audio 8w6 dvc woofers

I see! Sweet shit going on!

I was mainly asking cuz I may want to do a ka swap in my future. Ha or Lz but I'm still thinking about everything first but if I happen to find a ka cheap then I'd get it. I want the joy of building a engine either way I go so rebuild forsure. I've only found one ka24e around here and its really a matter of 350 that I don't want to spend, I feel like I could get a better deal some where. If not I know where it is.. but again that's future talk..

Anyway keep up the work!

Kevin,

If I can find a KA24E for 100$, here vs. the Datsun Mecca, with ECU, so can you. 110$ for Motor Mounts, 150 for Can AM Box, and rest you replace is up to you.

350?! i've paid that or less for a running driving Datsun.

Message Batsun he knows all about it lol research wise.

Radio