Get Garage!

RadioRedline

drove the 521 down to Benz today, so that I can get access to a hoist and trace the brake fluid leak. Inspection is Detection!

It brakes perfectly wonderfully when the Master Cylinder is full, so basically you top it up and drive where you need to go, and the next day, the reservoir is empty lol.

Radio

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean in the window? Lol There was a napkin shoved in the pass window on way home from north dakota and I thought whats this doing in here, and threw it out.

Hasn't stopped rattlin since lol.

Once I feel that it can stop safely, then I can continue on with its other issues..lol

Radio

• Like 1

haha yea i never put a napkin in there till that trip! i put it in at minot, it was driving me crazy!!! and i mean the tape adheasive on the box. a little tar and bug remover should take it right off pretty quick. i run a fire works stand, and i used that truck to haul all the fire works this year from the semi trailor to the store. countless trips in that thing loaded with explosives :). we had to put on a huge show, the datsun was used, a slight chance of rain, and we covered it with a plastic tarp thing and taped it down till we got to location. thats how the tape got there. god i miss that little guy.

Stop it! I'm tearin' up here! I had a '71 for about 8 years back in the late '70s. It was my first truck and saw me through thick and thin unlike my first marriage. It was always there, kept me warm and dry and was my best friend.

Saskatchewan Fall has arrived! Tonight was the first night it was cold enuf to wear my real Garage Gear! Was working up a sweat pushing and pulling my 620 to angle it in the Garage, now that my other half is freed up. Jacked up the back end, to switch to my 14" all-seasons, for winter. Took the pass door off, unhooked 80% of my stereo, and scraped crud out of the many many places where crud has built up over the years. Here is a rare shot of my Coworkers 1969 S-Class that was brought out today before the snow hits. But back to the Datsun, its been 2 mos, more like 3 since Gray 620 got any love, so back in i've dived. i'm told that my kickpanels and doorpanels are ready to go, and should be having a look at how they turned out wed-thurs, when that buddy is avail to hang out. I'm gonna try again to track down some por 15, for the floor as i'll be ready for it soon enuf. and also that passenger floor needs to get replaced (Currently its a piece of chipboard, PO) so should get around to the rockers and pass floor soon as well. Once the wheels are changed, then I'm going to figure out how to remove the box, and start working my angle grinder/metal cup brush and undercoating on the rear frame.

Radio

19691.jpg

19692.jpg

19693.jpg

19694.jpg

19695.jpg

• Like 1

the box is held on by bolts....6 of them...take a pic of them and we can tell you what size socket to use...

one more thing ... remember the wiring ....sux to pick up the bed start to take it off only to find the tailight harness is still attached....or the fuel filler neck....por 15 is at any automotive paint store or you can get it online... check around if online theres lots of sites goudging people...

Mini Update: Got the Amp removed, and rest of stereo components. Super organized and reset the working space I have as it was quite messy and not to any advantage.

Next:

Take the center console off, and steering wheel/dash?

Swap in Blue Rims.

Remove the box.

Radio

The Motor in question is a 4.2L V8 its in a 420SEL (Long Wheelbase W126 or S-Class). My other car is a 300E, with the 3.0L Inline 6 Cyl. its a different car its the E-Class (W124).

I think the Car you had is a 300SE you said? thats a S-class or W126, but not a long wheelbase (hence the L) and then the Inline 6cyl instead of a V8.

To this day you can still order your S-Class in a Long or Short Wheelbase.

Radio

Bought some shit: (Especially excited about the Chrome Rust Remover)

hub1.jpg

hub2.jpg

hub3.jpg

This was the Rustiest one:

hub4.jpg

This is what it looked like after:

hub5.jpg

Very Very Pleased with this Chrome Rust stuff, been looking for such solution for awhile, and didn't want to spraypaint chrome or sandblast it.

hub6.jpg

Fucking Compressor Crapped out even blew a breaker! Canadian Tire =Lifetime Warranty :):):) so loaded it up in Trunk for tomorrow.

(Same Day/Over the counter exchange on everything they sell)

BAD PET ROCK!.........I MEAN BAD COMPRESSOR!

hub7.jpg

Comparison of Rims:

hub8.jpg

Tools Used Tonight:

hub9.jpg

Finished Produit!

hub10.jpg

Radio

• Like 1

Got a decent amount of things started tonight!

Re-Removed my taillamps, and sprayed down the box to frame bolts. Took off my Grant Wood Wheel and the Shifter handle. And tied up and cut the little indents in my front clip.

I used rope to hold and see exactly how and where it needs to be cut. I woulda used zipties but necessity is the mother of invention!

Radio

boxclip1.jpg

boxclip2.jpg

boxclip3.jpg

boxclip4.jpg

boxclip5.jpg

boxclip6.jpg

boxclip7.jpg

boxclip8.jpg

boxclip9.jpg

boxclip10.jpg

• Like 1